Bear 14

Standing at the front door, Walker turned and looked up the stairs as Marsh hobbled down them. It had been a few days since he'd tried to get the man to let him measure him so that he could order him some decent fitting clothing, but he still refused. 

Not sure why he wants to come grocery shopping with me all of a sudden, though. 

Marsh was just about to the bottom of the stairs when Ranger walked out from the hallway behind them, making the smaller guy fidget and hunch against the railing. 

Ever since Ranger had returned from his trip to the neighbors a couple days ago he'd been grumpy and mumbling about his lasso, which Walker quickly found out was missing from its usual spot in the barn. 

He wasn't sure why he didn't just go back over and retrieve it if he had left it there, but he didn't dare bother him when he was moody. Their mother had also yelled at him to go get more vegetables while there was a break in the bad weather, so away he went... with a bear, evidently. 

"Walker?" 

Blinking out of his thoughts, Walker noticed that Marsh had made it to him and had already taken his hand. He was also trying to tug him outside, but not putting much effort into it. 

Still a sleepy bear. 

Smiling, Walker followed Marsh over to his SUV and unlocked it as they walked. Marsh settled in the passenger seat as Walker hopped into the driver's. 

They were on their way soon after since enough of the snow had melted for him to drive safely. He switched on the heater once the car had been running for a bit, then glanced over at Marsh once they got out onto the main road. 

Asleep already. Not surprised. 

He left the radio off to allow Marsh to rest. It took about an hour to get to the store, and while he'd normally listen to music, he couldn't deny that the man's growl-snores had become quite calming to him over the short time he'd known him. 

After what had happened when he'd tried to get him to shower, however, Walker had decided to sleep on the couch. Marsh didn't mention anything about it, so he just figured that he'd do that for a while... or at least until their mother decided to finally leave. She'd only planned to be with them for a day or two, but that time span was already turning into a week. 

Oh well. It's nice to have her around and she seems to love Marsh. 

The guy had put on a decent amount of weight in the time he'd been with them already, and each day he ate a little more. Thankfully, he wasn't picky, either. He'd eat raw, cooked, meat or veggies. The only thing he wasn't really a fan of was baked or processed sweets. 

He remained relaxed for the last twenty minutes of the drive, then pulled into the parking lot of the local department store. Granted, he wanted to go to the actual grocery store, but he decided, halfway through the drive, that he'd try to get Marsh some actual clothing. 

"Hey Marsh, we're here," he said as he gently shook the guy's shoulder through his thick, borrowed blue jacket. It took him a minute to come around before he looked up at him sleepily. 

"Are you sure you don't want to stay in the car? It's pretty cold out, still. It would be fine to snuggle up in the back and wait until I came out," he said, wanting to get the guy clothing but not wanting to drag or carry him through the process. He definitely didn't need to be stared at for trying to share a dressing room with a sleeping guy he was carrying around. 

Definitely not. 

"I'm coming," Marsh eventually grumbled as he opened his door and slid from the SUV.