Bear 27

It's not supposed to be snowing...

The weather had taken an odd turn, and when Walker awoke the next morning and looked out the window, since a certain human-bear had his arms snuggly wrapped around his middle so that he couldn't actually get up to look, he realized that he hadn't added any extra straw or turned on the barn heaters. 

We got them done. 

Hearing Ranger's thought to him made him give a sigh of relief. He might not have heard from his brother since he'd gone back over to Heian's, but he knew that the guy would never let him, or their animals, down. 

Thank you. 

He felt his brother about to start a response when it was suddenly cut off. The only time he ever couldn't speak was if he was caught off guard by a distraction...

I'm fine. Just a lot of mosquitos out here.

Walker furrowed his brows as he glanced back outside at the falling snow. 

Mosquitos? 

He didn't send the thought to his brother, but he was quite curious as to where he was finding such a thing in the middle of such weather. 

The quiet sound of Marsh opening and closing his mouth drew his attention away from his brother without a second thought. He always did that when he was about ready to wake up. It was especially adorable when in his bear form. 

"Marsh?" he whispered quietly as he reached up to sift his fingers through the guy's soft hair. 

Marsh gave a quiet grumble, then finally unwound his arms from around Walker's middle, only to stretch them high above his own head as he gave out an impressive yawn. 

"Good morning to you, too," Walker said with a grin. 

His words drew Marsh's attention immediately that time, waking him up the rest of the way. He sat up on Walker's chest, thankfully wearing his cartoon bear pajama pants. Not that Walker would have minded, too much, if he was naked, but he wasn't sure if his mind could quite handle that yet. 

It wasn't that he hadn't slept with the guy naked before. He had, plenty of times, but things were changing and he was just uneasy about it now. 

"Snow?" 

Hearing Marsh speak, Walker slowly sat up, carefully moving him backward until he was sitting in his lap. The guy didn't seem to mind, because the moment he was settled he leaned over and stole a quick kiss. 

"A little early for that, isn't it?" Walker teased. 

He was a bit surprised to see Marsh's expression turn to one of confusion as he looked down, then back up with a head tilt. 

"Isn't morning sex normal? Aren't you sometimes hard early?" 

I should just never try to tease him. I really shouldn't. 

"Walker, let's go play in the snow." 

In the snow? That was an abrupt subject change.

"I suppose we could." 

Marsh was off of him surprisingly fast, and had tossed his pants and shifted before his feet could even touch the floor. The guy let himself out of the room as Walker hurried to tug on some warmer clothing. 

It took him a few minutes, and by the time he was downstairs and outside Marsh's bear was butt deep in an impressive mound of snow. 

I'm not sure how that much snow can hold so much bear, but all I see are two stumpy legs and a wiggling stubby tail.