Bear 23

(Throwback photo of my big floof, Snowman. He's gone now, but his fur never will be.

The point of view switches around a bit in this without any notice, but it seems to flow fine, so I'm leaving it as is.)

I like you, Walker.

Marsh's bear waddled about the kitchen, constantly nudging its cold nose beneath Walker's T-shirt, making the guy jump every few moments.

Walker, pat my head.

Walker dodged him after the fifth nudge as he carried a plate over to the microwave and started it. The food smelled good, and he was hungry, but attention...

When he tried to use his nose to lift the guy's shirt again, Walker poked it with his own finger and leaned over.

"There's a certain bear here that's getting a little too nosy," he chided, making Marsh's bear drop its bum to the floor immediately and give a quiet, hesitant grumble.

Attention please.

He lifted a huge paw, and was ecstatic when Walker actually took it and sat down in front of him. As he began spreading out his claws calmly, seemingly checking them for something, and nothing, at the same time, he looked up with a knowing smile that made Marsh's bear's heart flip in its chest.

"I'm sorry. I know that you want attention but I'm still a little stressed out from what just happened," Walker said, making Marsh wish that he'd just chased the bastards off the property altogether instead of letting Walker slam the door in their faces.

Of course, he was super proud of his human for how he handled the situation, but there wasn't quite enough, or really any, bloodshed for him.

Next time. If I see them again.

Hands pressing against the side of his furry face drew Marsh's attention very quickly out of his own thoughts.

"You behaved very well, Marsh. I really appreciate you letting me handle the situation," Walker said, making Marsh feel like Mush in a bear suit.

Any time. I will let you do anything you want.

"I am a little curious about what is going on in that head of yours, honestly," Walker said before standing up, after giving Marsh a good head-pat first, of course.

He got the big plate he'd put in the microwave out and sat it down on the floor, since he figured that Marsh wasn't going to be able to shift back so quickly, then got himself one in the microwave.

As he waited for it to be done, he felt a light tap against his side and looked back down.

Sometimes you're far too cute to be that perverted human, Walker thought as he reached down and took the piece of crispy bacon from between Marsh's bears teeth that was being offered.

"Thank you, Marsh," he said before happily munching on it.

He really did love bacon, even though his normal preference was vegetables, but he made sure to give Marsh the bigger portion of everything since he could still use a few more pounds... at least, he thought so. When the microwave chimed a moment later, he took his own food out and headed toward the dining room table, but paused for a moment when he noticed his brother and Heian lying on the couch together. Ranger has his head tucked against the other man's chest and was clearly out cold, while Heian was grinning with an excitement that didn't quite match what he was seeing, but to each their own?

When he felt something tugging at his pant leg, he looked down at Marsh's bear, who then glanced back toward his plate of food on the floor, then looked up toward the stairs before hobbling in their direction.