The Recruitment Drive

"Hahaha, hahaha...." bursted out Frankenstein. "Sorry for my rudeness. Ahh where are my manners. I apologize for my sudden out burst" Seeing Frankenstein lose his composure was first time for all the members. Rias was not happy with this type of reaction, atleast for her she was expecting a confused or a scared one. "What I am asking you is no joke! Please keep that in mind. Anyways I am not asking your answer right away. I will give you one day time. Make up your mind and give me a positive answer." Frankenstein thought for a bit and asked "Is my club admission dependent to the answer I will be giving ?". "Most likely" said Rias without having a second thought. "Alright, although my answer is decided I will be waiting till tomorrow. So Miss Rias can I take my leave ?" asked Frankenstein as he was getting bored of the futile conversation.

"Wait, I will be attending some guests now. You need to be present here as it will help you decide on my offer." Frankenstein gave Rias a suspicious look. "Don't worry. You need not do anything. Just sit back in a corner and enjoy your tea. This meeting is only to show you a glimpse of the unknown world." Right then a bright magic circle appeared on the middle of the floor. It was a magic circle whose symbol belonged to family that Rias didn't wanna think about. It was a teleportation magic. In the middle stood a young tall man. His looks were sharp and attitude carefree. Along his both sides were a bunch of beautiful girls. In the crowd stood a very similar face. "Long time no see, my darling Rias". "Ahh!" grunted Rias. Ignoring Riser Phenex Rias greeted Grayfia Lucifuge. "Sister-in-law what a surprise! It is truly an unexpected visit from you especially with him." "Good to see you Rias. Actually I am accompanying Riser. As he was visiting earth and that too meet you, I came here as a supervisor. I certainly don't want any extra attention because of you two." "Ohh come on Lady Grayfia there is no way I would make trouble for my cute Rias." Riser slided his hand over Rias. "My,my getting a bit touchy." said the Queen of the Riser clan with a subtle hint of jealousy. 

Grayfia couldn't do anything. The terms that she agreed with Riser was pretty clear. "Do not come in between Rias and me. You are only supposed to prevent situations which are out of control" demanded Riser. So she couldn't do anything but watch. "Hey bastard take off your hand from her..." Issei jumped in between Riser and Rias. "Ohh and who are your supposed to be?".  "I am Issei, pawn of Rias and I have the power of Red Dragon with me. Now it is better you return home or otherwise I will make sure you don't return on your two legs." "Issei stop. Back off now" yelled Rias. The thing which irritated Riser was not the childish bragging of Issei but the concern and attention that Rias gave to him. Issei came forward with his sacred gear in an attempt to punch him but for Riser it was child's play. He dodged and punched Issei so hard that he almost got fainted. 

Rias shouted "Stop it Riser. Don't you dare hurt my members." With a smug face Riser came forward and said "If you hate me so badly then let me give you a chance. In the coming week let's have a rating game. The rules are known and about the winning prize, if you win then you can call off this wedding and if I win then no more of your drama. I will make you mine." For Rias she knew this was coming but she was not so sure about her team. She looked at her peerage members and declared " Riser, I Rias Gremory accept your challenge." Hearing this Riser could not hold his laughter in. "Sure, sure go ahead. Forget about winning, I bet even your peerage is incomplete." It was clear was Riser was mocking Rias and looking down on his members.

"Ahh,, what a lovely tea. Perhaps I should add this tea to my favourite list." Admist the drama and chaos going in the room, in the corner, there stood a tall, blond, handsome young man. With a cup of tea in his hand, he was admiring every sip he was taking. The whole crowd was in confusion. For Rias who thought that the interaction with Riser will show surely him the ugly truth of the underworld, Frankenstein was unfazed. Riser Phenex who was noble even among the high ranking devils, this was the first time he was getting ignored. Grayfia too, looked very confused looking at Frankenstein. She was sure that he was normal human and that too without and ounce of magic power. For him to be in the presence of so many devils, the pressure should had been unbearable, and yet he stood there with elegance and without a trace of concern or nervousness. 

"Who are you bastard ?" roared Riser. Frankenstein payed no heed and continued with his tea. All the people in that room were now looking at Riser. The feeling of being looked down was perhaps something new for Riser. Seeing that his pride is being swallowed by a lowly human, Riser couldn't hold his anger. A flame of ball was thrown in the direction of Frankenstein. Fearing that a human life could be destroyed due to high ranking devil that too in her presence, Grayfia couldn't stand the outcome it might have. She rushed towards Frankenstein only to get surprised by the scene that was played in front of her. Frankenstein swiftly moved towards the side while still holding his cup. For those who viewed this, there was only one word they could utter "Impossible". For seemingly a normal human, avoiding this attack with such speed was not something they could explain with logical thinking.

"You sure a rude one. First I thought you were loud and vulgar but now you also proved that you lack manners." Frankenstein turned around and started walking towards Riser. Grayfia was in a total loss of words after seeing Frankenstein. Such a beautiful face and yet such a mysterious aura, she was truly bewitched by him. 

"So who are you ? and what are you doing here. From what I can see you are lowest among the humans without a trace of magic and yet you are standing with us." The mockery and belittling was clear from his words. Without losing his smile Frankenstein replied " Ohh I was not planning on staying here, it was Miss Rias who had asked me to stay." The reply was so calm and gentle, the all female group of Riser was now seeing Frankenstein with an aww of surprise. Riser was now getting the idea about the presence of Frankenstein in this place. Smile crept through his face. He turned towards Rias "Don't tell me you were planning to add this lowly trash to your peerage." 

"What I do with my peerage is none of your concerns." Riser could sense that something was off in her reply. "Oy Oy, give me break. Rias now don't tell me that not only you invited this trash to your peerage but were also rejected by this lowly scum." Rias was in silence. Her silence gave Riser his answer. Now he had an entire change of image for Frankenstein. For such a lowly insect who does not have anything to say off had an attitude to reject the invitation and still stand proudly with no hint of shame whatsoever. This situation was nothing but a sort of amusement for Riser. He was no longer angry on Frankenstein but was having a complete pity for him. He once again turned to Frankenstein and asked with curiosity. "I don't have words for. Everytime I think you cannot go this lower you surpass my expectation and go even low. You are a complete trash. Anyway I don't want to spend time with talking with you, just give answer my question. Why did you rejected the proposal? Were your scared or perhaps your tiny brain didn't have the power the process the situation? What is it tell me" Riser knew he couldn't get logical answer to his question but just to satisfy his curiosity he had asked. This question also peeked interest of Rias and her peerage members as they too wanted  to know the reason.

The perfect smile which seemed to be a mask on his face started to melt, replacing it with a genuine and a warm one. Frankenstein put out his right hand to his heart as it seemed he was praying to that one being he truly believed. "The reason I am hesitant to join Miss Gremory's peerage is because I have already pledged my life and loyalty to my only master. He is symbol of peace and kindness. No words would be sufficient to describe his glory...." He went on saying so many things before eventually coming to an end. "So you see this is my reason." said Frankenstein proudly assuming that it was very obvious.

Riser couldn't comprehend what Frankenstein had just said. To think that there exists such a person who would employ this trash was beyond his understanding. He let out a hearty laugh and said. "Man that was some weird stuff you just said. But one thing is for sure, I pity that master that has taken you in as his loyal servant, perhaps he his even more stupid than you.. Haha hahaha, man I cannot control my laughter." All the members were feeling bad about Frankenstein. Even Riser's own peerage was looking at Frankenstein with sympathy. To be insulted in front of this many people was truly upsetting.

But in Frankenstein's heart a different emotion was rising. An emotion which he no longer wanted to control. Anger was just a small word, murderous aura was surrounding him. The blood lust was apparent from his gaze towards Riser. Everyone except Riser felt the chill in the atmosphere.

AS GRAYFIA AND RIAS TREMBLED IN SHOCK, FRANKENSTEIN DIRECTED HIS RIGHT HAND TOWARDS RISER.....