Chapter 8

Daxtons Pov:

I wake up with a small body snuggled up next to me

I wake up with a small body snuggled up next to me. Last night runs through my head and I can't help but smile when the thought of me kissing her comes to mind. I have never just slept with a girl it always ends up in us hooking up. And I also don't do feelings. But I think i'm catching feelings for saylor. As much as I hate to admit it, I think it's true. And that's why I have to stop it before i'm in too deep. I can't like her. It would ruin everything.

I slowly crawl out of bed trying not to wake her. It looks like greyson still isn't home. I make some pre workout and go to the gym. I need to get my head off saylor and burn all that junk food I ate yesterday. Coach would not approve.

Fast forward to sunday

Family dinner is tonight so I hop in the shower and get dressed.

everyone's outfits ^^

Im done getting ready and come out to see saylor in a cute dress with her hair down. Damn she looks good. I then realize we're matching. I roll my eyes and continue trying to ignore her. It's been a week since the kiss and trying to push her away has not been easy. At first she was confused but she now ignores me as well. We make eye contact here and there, but when greysons not home we don't cuddle like we use to, we stay in our rooms without saying a word.

The drive wasn't bad. I try to sneak glances of saylor the whole ride trying not to get caught. She catches me looking at her and we hold eye contact for what seemed like forever. I finally look away and turn up the music. I don't want to push saylor away but this would never work. It would become a whole big mess.

We get to her parents house and it smells amazing. Everyone is almost there, including jace and his new girl. We sit down to eat and catch up on things like school and how the new apartment is, blah blah blah. Nothing important

Hazel all the sudden gasps causing us all to stop eating. "Saylor rose what the hell is on your neck?" Saylor runs her hand over her neck not knowing what hazel is talking about. I freeze as soon as I see it's a hickey, except it's from me from a week ago. It's faint but you can still see that it's there. Saylor must of not caught it. She shoots daggers at me and I smirk. She trys to think of excuse but before she can get one out I jump in. "I scared her today while she was doing some shit with her hair and I think she burned her neck. You should of seen the look on her face." I say hoping they'll buy it. "I didn't think it would leave a mark this early, it was only a few hours ago." Saylor says. She looks as red as a tomatoe. I can't help but laugh a little. She gives me a 'thank you' look and I shrug and finish eating my food. Luckily they bought it because saylor's never been one to have hickeys all over her.

We finish up dinner and while the girls are catching up in the kitchen while making desert, the boys are watching the football game. I get up to go to the bathroom. "I have to pee tell my if anything good happens." The game has been tied for a while and both teams aren't playing good. I hear saylor follow me upstairs I turn around and roll my eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?" I say once we get upstairs. "I'm getting napkins. What the hell is your problem?" I ignore her. "Your just gonna kiss me and then forget it never happened? I thought- you know what never mind." She says shaking her head. "You thought what saylor? That I had feelings for you?" Well I do I just can't act on them. "Well yeah, so that kiss meant nothing to you?" she asks. She looks as if she's about to cry. That kiss meant everything to me and it's taken so much self control to not do it again. "Nope it was just a kiss." I say while walking to the bathroom.

Saylor stomps down the stairs. I can tell she's mad. It's taken all of me to keep pushing her away.

We finish the rest of the night and decide to head home. There's so much tension between me and saylor in the car. We make eye contact here and there and then quickly look away. This happens a few times before it almost turns into a game.

It's late by the time we arrive and saylor is dead asleep. "Hey man do you mind taking her in i'm tired and I don't feel like waking up the beast." Greyson says with a laugh. I laugh too "Yeah no problem." I pick saylor up behind the knees and cary her inside and lay her on her bed. I take off her jewelry but don't bother changing her this time. I put the blankets on. I can't help but smile looking at how cute she is. I go to walk out and head to bed. "goodnight saylor rose." and with that I shut the door.

Why can't I get her off my mind?

Sorry this is just a filler chapter!!