Chapter 42

Saylors pov:

"Babe are you almost ready? It's time to go!"  I hear Daxton yell from downstairs

I grab my phone charger and shove it in my backpack, running down the stairs almost slipping. "Ok." I breathe out "I'm ready."

"Good let's go." Daxton says handing me a cup of coffee. I hug my brother and Kenzie and say my good byes.

"Be safe you two. Call me when you land."

I nod and give him one last hug before heading out to the car with Daxton.

Daxton and I are off to the airport to Florida to check out apartments and tour the stadium that Daxton will hopefully be playing in.

"Are you excited?" Daxton asks placing his hand on my thigh. I nod. "Yeah I can't wait to lay out and tan on the beach." Daxton laughs, squeezing my thigh letting butterflies erupt through my stomach.

Once we get through security and boarded on the plane I pull out my mac book and look out of my downloaded movies to watch. Once the plane takes off Daxton pulls me closer to his side. I thought he wanted to cuddle but instead he takes the gummy worm out of my hand and puts it into his mouth.

"Hey! That was mine!"

"Oh i'm sorry did you want it back?" He asks sarcastically opening his mouth to show me the chewed up gummy worm.

"Ew you're disgusting!" I say playfully hitting his chest. Daxton simply laughs.

It's not long before I lay my head on Daxtons shoulder, letting my eyes close

It's not long before I lay my head on Daxtons shoulder, letting my eyes close. Daxton kisses my head and pulls the blanket up on us as he rests his head on mine closing his eyes as well.

I wake up to Daxton shaking me. "Mmm." I groan. "C'mon baby we're about to land." I snuggle in closer to his side keeping my eyes closed. Daxton laughs but doesn't protest. Instead he pushes a few pieces of hair that were in my face behind my ear.

I do have a fear of landing in planes but I didn't tell Daxton incase he makes fun of me, although I know he won't. When I feel the plane shake, followed by a loud noise my eyes fly open and a small gasp leaves my mouth. Daxton furrows his eyebrows. "Are you ok?" I nod. When the plane shakes again I can't help but squirm and close my eyes tight hoping it will all be over soon. I feel Daxton interlock our fingers and use his other hand to draw small circles on my waist.

"shhh I got you baby."

I smile and can't help but feel butterflies as he whispers in my ear. I lean my body up against his immediately relaxing.

"We're just landing it will be over soon." he whispers.

I'm very grateful no words were exchanged. Instead he just knew.

When we land and step of the plane humidity hits us. "Wow it's hot." I say taking off my sweatshirt and putting my sunglasses on. "You're hot." Daxton says with a wink. I roll my eyes and push him but he doesn't budge. He just laughs.

"So what do you say we go and check into the hotel and then grab some lunch?"

"Can we eat on the beach?" I ask hopefully.

Daxton nods his head. "I don't see why not." 

"Yay!" I yell jumping up and down wrapping my arms around Daxtons neck. He laughs and pecks my lips.

We ended up grabbing a pizza and taking it to the beach. After we finish I start setting out my towel to lay and tan.

"Let me put some sun screen on you." Daxton says. It makes me giggle how he's always keeping me safe.

"It's in my bag." I say with no intentions of getting it.

Daxton goes through my bag finally finding the sun screen and squirting some in his hand. He starts rubbing it all over my body. He spends extra time when he gets to my butt.

"Daxton!" I warn. He laughs. "I'm just putting sun screen on you babe. What's the the problem?" He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and let him continue.

"Flip over and let me get your boobs." He says. I roll my eyes. "Are you sure this isn't just an excuse to feel me up?" He shrugs his shoulders but nonetheless I flip over.

He lets his hands go inside the chest area of my swimming suit. "daxton!" I slap his hand. "What? I just don't want you to get sunburnt baby." I roll my eyes and take the sunscreen out of his hand. "You're done." I say shoving the sunscreen back into my bag.

"We have to be back by 4 to look at apartments but we can come back later, if you want." I nod my head in reply.

When we finish up at the beach we head to the hotel to get dressed. We don't even bother taking a shower because we plan on coming back.

As we look at the first apartment I walk around trying to get a feel of the place. 3 bed 2 bath with a kitchen that's connected to the living room. It's more of a modern apartment which is what we're looking for.

"What do you think?" Daxton asks. I shrug my shoulders. "I like it." I say honestly. "Yeah?" I nod. "I really do like it, but I don't love it. If we were to live here I wouldn't complain though." Daxton nods. "I don't love it either." He says, surprising me. "Yeah?" He nods. "I just don't know see us making this home, you know?" He says. I know completely what he means. This is a great apartment but it just doesn't feel like home.

We look at 2 more apartments before we decide to call it a day and head back to the beach. We didn't find any apartments that really stuck out to us but we still have tomorrow.

Currently me and Daxton are cuddled up on the beach watching the sunset. "This is nice." I say. Daxton hums in response. "I can't wait to do this every night." Daxton says making me excited for our future ahead. "I can't wait either." I say a smile forming across my lips.

My smile quickly fades when I remember what happened on the plane. "What's wrong?" Daxton says feeling the mood has shifted. "It's nothing." Daxton rolls his eyes. He shifts his body so that we're both facing each other and his hand is used to prop up his head. " 'Say' I can tell when you're lying." He's right.

"Well, it's just-" I inhale a deep breath.

Daxton threads our fingers together trying to comfort me. "On the plane I freaked out when we landed. It's just you didn't make fun of me. Instead you held me until it was over. Why ?"

Daxton let's out a laugh which makes me furrow my eyebrows. "Baby. I would never make fun of you." He says kissing my head. "I love you, and I knew you were scared of landing. I'm not gonna make fun of you."

"How did you know?" I ask curiously.

"Greyson told me. He said that you tend to get nervous on planes so he wanted to give me a heads up."

I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment. Daxton pulls them away from my face. "Baby there's nothing to be embarrassed about." He says taking my hands and putting them in his. "Look, I don't love you any less because your scared of planes if that's what you're worried about. We all have things we're scared of. Don't be embarrassed." I smile.

"You're perfect." I say pecking his lips.

He pulls my face closer to his connecting our lips. This is a gentle kiss and lasts about 15 seconds. "I love you." Daxton says as he pulls away.

"I love you." I say smiling.

Daxton takes a look around and the sun has gone down.

"What do you say we go skinny dipping?" he says with that famous smirk on his face.

A/n: hey guys! this was a filler chapter but hope you enjoy!!