Chapter 30

Daxtons Pov:

My eyelids were so heavy

My eyelids were so heavy. I was so tired and warn out from my game. I about fell asleep multiple times. But I can't fall asleep until Saylor's asleep. Which means it's probably going to be a long night for both of us.

She says she's fine but I know she's not. She's in so much pain and I can see it. I wish she would just let me help her. She says she doesn't need it but she does. I wish I was there to save her and maybe none of this would of happened. She doesn't deserve any of this. She's the most kind, loving, and stubborn person i've ever met. I feel so selfish for not being there, I'm such an idiot to storm off to the car. Knowing Saylor, I should of pried until she told me.

Just as i'm about to fall asleep Saylor wakes me up, my eyes open barely just to see her face. "I'm gonna go get a drink." She whispers. I nod my head. "Hey let me-" I am cut off when she falls to the ground. Her small body hits the floor pretty hard. I yell her name out as soon as she hits the ground. I practically throw myself over the bed to see her laying on the ground unconscious. The first thing I do is check for a pulse. I don't think I feel one but to be fair I'm not really sure if i'm checking in the right spot. I immediately call 911 and tell them my situation. They say they have an ambulance that's 5 minutes away. 5 minutes is far too long. What if she dies in those 5 minutes. And it would all be because of me. it

The ambulance arrived and I carry her out the front door bridal style. The paramedics take her from my arms and put her on a stretcher and roll her into the ambulance. I try to get in with her. "I'm sorry sir there's not enough room." They close the doors before I can say anything. I get in my car as fast as I can, probably going way over the speed limit and I follow them to the hospital. I arrive at the hospital and I see Saylor laying there unconscious with bruises all over her face as they roll her down the hospital hall. I run after them but a nurse stops me. "Sorry you can't go back there." She says firmly. "But I-" she cuts me off. "If you want her to get better then let them do their job." I watch as they take her behind closed doors. I just want to know if she's okay. "Let me get you something to drink." The nurse says. She quickly returns with a water bottle and guides me to a seat. "We will update you with news in a little while." This is the worst feeling. Waiting to know whether she's ok or not. I just want to help her I feel so useless.

I quickly pull out my phone to text Greyson. "Come to the hospital asap. It's Saylor." I then press send. I also text her mom and siblings to let them know Saylor is in the hospital, and they should get here as soon as they can. Her mom reply's letting me know she's on her way.

Not long Greyson shows up with Kenzie. That's weird. I didn't text Kenzie. "I saw Kenzie on my way in." I furrow my eyebrows. "I didn't text kenzie though. I don't have her number." Kenzie and Greyson exchange a look before looking back at me. I finally catch on. Greyson has been seeing Kenzie. My eyes widen when I finally realize. They awkwardly shift before Kenzie changes the subject. "So what happened." I sit them down in a chair. I start to explain how after the football game I left her alone to talk to some scouts and then Madi came up and beat her up. I then explained how she wouldn't tell me but she was in so much pain. "I begged her to go to the hospital but she insisted we go first thing in the morning because she was so tired." Greyson shakes his head. "She's always been so stubborn when it comes to needing help." I nod my head. I then noted how she has bruises all over and cuts that she let me clean. "But her ribs are pretty bad." I say. I can see Greysons eyes start to tear up. "I knew she wasn't going to sleep so it was about 2 am when she got up to get a drink. Before I even got the chance to get one for her, she passed out and hit the floor." My voice breaks. Tears fall from Greysons eyes as well as Kenzie's.