Chapter 37

Saylors pov:

It's been a week since me and Daxtons fight,   and so far everything has been smooth sailing

It's been a week since me and Daxtons fight, and so far everything has been smooth sailing. We have little arguments here and there but that's pretty normal. We even started couples therapy to learn how to communicate better.

I walk out to the kitchen to find Daxton sitting on the couch watching cartoons like always. I crawl on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck, nuzzling my head into his chest. "Hi princess, how'd you sleep?" He says kissing my head. "Good." I mumble out as he rubs my back. "You hungry?" I shrug my shoulders. "I could eat." He lets out a laugh. "You want some eggs?" I eagerly nod my head. "Yes please!" "I'll get started on that then." He says with a huge grin across his face.

We sit down at the table, Daxton made me eggs, and french toast, and even cut up some fruit. He's become quite the chef. "So," I say with a mouth full of eggs. "your birthday is next week." I say smiling. Daxton rolls his eyes. For some reason Daxton hates his birthday. "I don't want anything big. We could just go out to dinner with my family or something." It's now my turn to roll my eyes. "Oh you really think i'm not gonna go big? Do you even know me?" He laughs. "Really baby it's not a big deal. Just something simple." He says getting up to wash his plate. "Ok, nothing big. I got it." I say walking over to him handing him my plate. He washes my plate, placing it in the dish washer. He then drys his hands with the towel on his shoulder. I can't help but admire how good he looks. My eyes fall over his body, looking at his back muscles admiring the sculpt of the muscles. My eyes travel back up to see two bright pair of orbs looking at me."What? Checking me out?" He says with a smirk. I can't help but blush. Daxton wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me closer. I giggle. I stand on my tippy toes, as he brings his lips closer to mine. He connects our lips lingering for a minute. "I'm going to head to the gym." He says pulling away, his hands still on my waist. I pout. "You can always come with me." I roll my eyes. "You know I hate working out." He laughs. "Oh don't forget about our date with kenzie and greyson tonight." I say as he pulls on a shirt. "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah."

While daxton is at the gym, I make a quick phone call.

*Begin phone call*

Saylor: Hi is this Mrs Edwards i'm talking to?

Daxtons mom: Hi. Who is this?

Saylor: This is saylor, Daxtons girlfriend.

Daxtons mom: Saylor!! I must of not had your number saved. How are you? Is everything alright?

Saylor: Hi! I'm good, and everything is just perfect. As you might know Daxtons birthday is coming up. I was wondering if Monday night you guys would like to go out for dinner, and on Thursday i'm thinking of having a small get together.

Daxtons mom: How sweet of you!! We would love to come down! I'll put it on the calendar. Any specific places you had in mind for dinner?

Saylor: Not yet, still thinking.

Daxtons mom: Ok well, just let us know the time and the place and we will be there. This is so sweet of you Saylor. Daxton is lucky he has you.

Saylor: Thank you, I really appreciate it, but it's me who's lucky.

Daxtons mom: Makes me happy to hear. Is he treating you right? If not I won't hesitate to come down right now.

Saylor: Yes of course! He treats me like a queen.

Daxtons mom: As he should. You deserve nothing less. I'll let you go, In sure you have things to do, but we should plan a girls day soon. I want to get to get to know my future daughter in law.

I let out a laugh into the phone.

Saylor: Sounds good to me! I'll talk to you later! Bye.

Daxtons mom: Bye sweetie.

*End phone call*

With that I hang up the call. I sit myself on the couch, propping my feet up. Just as I am about to relax the door swings wide open. I clutch the pillow but soon relax when I here laughing. My shoulders drop when I see greyson and Kenzie walk in. "Hey 'Say'!" Greyson says, setting kenzie's shopping bags down. "Hey guys. How was your shopping trip?" "It was good!" Kenzie reply's enthusiastically.  Greyson rolls his eyes, opening the fridge. "Never take Kenzie to a makeup store. It's like a kid in a candy store. You can't ever get her out." I let out a laugh. "Oh your just dramatic." Kenzie says now rolling her eyes. "Babe we were in there for 2 hours!" I shake my head laughing at the two bickering.

"Where's Dax?" Greyson asks taking a bite of an apple. "He went to the gym he should be back soon." Greyson nods his head. "Speaking of Daxton, his birthday is next week. I'm putting together a small get together. I was wondering if you would reach out to some of your guys friends and just let them know, since you know them better than me." Greyson nods. "Yeah of course 'Say'. That's so nice of you, i'm assuming it's a surprise?" I nod my head with a huge grin. "yup! I was thinking you could maybe distract him, take him out while I get things ready, and then bring him back here." "Yeah I can do that. Daxton is so lucky to have you." I let out a laugh. I open to speak but, the door opens interrupting me. In walks a sweaty, shirtless daxton. Me and greyson immediately go quiet, not wanting to ruin the surprise.

Daxton furrows his eyebrows. "What? Is there something wrong?" I shake my head, giggling. "No, how was the gym?" I ask walking over to him. I place my hands on his chest. "Good." He says leaning down to give me a kiss. I dodge his kiss. "You need a shower." I say crinkling my nose. "Come shower with me?" I quickly turn my head feeling slightly embarrassed that Greyson and kenzie are still in the room. A blush spreads across my face. "ok" I whisper.  Daxton kisses my cheek.

Me and Daxton got out of the shower and got ready for dinner. I start with my makeup and then move to my hair. I pull my hair back into a slick low messy bun. I then put on my outfit.

^^ Saylor's outfit

^^ Saylor's outfit

I pair it with a blazer since it is a little cold. I finish up some final touches when I feel a pair of hands rest on my waist. I don't even have to look to know it's Daxton. He attached his lips to my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. My cheeks immediately go red. "Daxton." I whine. "Hm?" He says innocently. He sucks on my sweet spot causing me to let out a slight moan. I can tell he has a smirk at the effect he has on me. "God, you are so perfect." He says pecking my lips. I blush at his compliment. I hand him my necklace, "Will you put this on me?" He nods his head. I turn around moving my hair to one side. He puts the necklace around the front and clasps it together in the back. He then takes my hand, unexpectedly spinning me around. "So fucking perfect." He says before passionately kissing me. I pull away, smiling. "We're gonna be late." He pouts and pulls me in for one more kiss. "Dax." I say giggling. "Ugh fine." I let out a laugh. "Such a baby." Daxton head whips around to face me. "What was that?" "Nothing. I just said I love you." I say smiling. "That's what I thought."

A/N: Hey guys i've thought of a schedule that works for me! I'm going to only be posting on the weekends cause that's when I have time. If I can I will try to post more during the week but so far this is what works best for me hope you understand!