Chapter 42: promises are meant to be broken

"No. Everything comes after " with a firm tone, Camila expressed her feelings making appear an incredulous smile on Lauren face

"If you keep being like this I might die due to heart attack, this much affection seems so good to be true" as soon as she said that Camila glared at her as just few minutes ago she told her to not talk about dying, but what can Lauren poor soul can do? She is more than overjoyed. The girl she is love since forever is now giving her hope.

HOPE

something she never thought she could have from her, but here they are.

"Stay here I'll go and grab a towel to clean you" putting aside the soup bowl Camila got up and went to the bathroom, meanwhile Lauren looked at her finger and kissed the wedding ring thinking of Camila . This scene doesn't go unnoticed by Camila, who was at the door frame standing and looking at her wife so happy for the first time and it made her realise, Lauren was holding onto to something she never valued much, in fact she doesn't even wear her ring however for once she wanted to wear and believe in all the things Lauren and see where it goes. She took off her necklace where was the ring and instead putter where it was supposed to be from the very beginning and kissed it just like Lauren did.

"Here idiot let me clean you " said Camila as she gently cleaned Lauren, when Lauren suddenly stopped her.

"You are WEARING THE RING" to think it will go unnoticed by the green eyed beauty it's the stupidest thing ever, she knows every inch of Camila's body.

"So?" Camila raised her eyebrows

"Does this mean our marriage has a chance? " Lauren had a lot of things in her mind but she didn't wanted to waste any more time so she asked her a pretty straight forward question.
Is clear Lauren loves Camila more than she has ever loved anyone but going on circles around the issue is not gonna help anyone.

"I d- y.e.s " the hesitation on Camila's voice was clear and Lauren felt but decided to ignore it as soon as she heard the faint yes from her voice.

Camila wanted to she still doesn't know but looking at Lauren so hopeful, she couldn't say anything other than yes.

Lauren tried get up to hug Camila from her excitement however the pain gave her reality check

"Stay down don't move" said Camila helping Lauren lay down, as she was about to get up Lauren pulled towards her again.

"What are you doing?" Asked Camila and Lauren slowly pushed away the hair covering her face.

"Admiring my wife" Camila smiled and gave Lauren a kiss on her Forhead

After so long she felt fulfilled

"Your phone is ringing again "
"Oh ignore it"
"Might be important " Camila nodded and answered getting away from Lauren

What's wrong with you?! Why haven't you been answering??

Dinah calm down! What's up?

Shawn has been relentlessly crying you need to come over NOW

What? What happened??

Just come

With that Dinah hang up leaving Camila guilty and remorseful for her past actions, so she did what she thought will be the best

She left

"I'll be back take care" yelled Camila before leaving the house as she wasn't able to confront Lauren either.

////////

"Look who blessed us with their presence" remarked Dinah as soon Camila stepped into Ally's appointment.

"Dinah is not the time " said Camila tired of Dinah's behaviour for the past couple of days

"Yeah Camila come in, go to shawn he is been miserable " nodding her head she went to see her boyfriend

"Shawn?" Whispered Camila sitting near him as he was staring at the wall totally with a broken look.

"Baby what happened?"

"Baby?"

"It's all a lie"

"Huh?"

"I have been living someone's else life " shawn finally expressed himself without breaking down while talking

"What do you mean baby, explain to me what happened "

"My mom has been manipulating every single event since I was born, she destroyed not only mine but my father's too, oh wait not father Mike! "

" what did she do?"

"Do you remember you took me home after the fight?" Said Shawn looking at Camila who nodded

"I don't quite remember what happened after that as I was hurt and tired other than they were yelling and stuff but couldn't make sense as passed out, however in the morning everyone seemed distance "

"Maybe it was only your imagination?" Shawn shook his head

" my love my entire life I spent in that house, I'll be aware of every single change "

"Ok then tell me what happened to make you feel like this "

"Dad who always used wait for me to eat, this time he didn't even realise I was in the same room as him. My grandfather who used to treat me like a prince was busy talking to someone about his granddaughter " Camila gasped

"Granddaughter?!??!" Shawn nodded sadly

" your father has another child?"

" nah he only has one, which is her"

"BUT you?"

"Come to know I was never his, he was forced to raise me thinking I was his as my mom set up everything so I could lead a luxurious life. Initially they didn't wanted to tell me, however during breakfast things got out as my mom saw everyone was treating me so she wanted to fight for my rights, unfortunately she wanted to fight for something which wasn't mine to begin with . I tried to make peace Camila , I tried but I can't. My heart hurts "

"Everything in my life is a lie Camila everything except you . They all are leaving as they found their real  blood but Camila you never leave me, I beg you. I can still live after their betrayal but without you I'll literally die, my heart will never be able to handle that . Never" Camila hugged him and cried with him but not only because she felt bad but also because she knew what she has done and Shawn didn't deserve that nor he deserves the feelings Camila has for Lauren.

" promise me Camila you will never leave me, primrose me!" With desperation in his voice Shawn pleaded to Camila, who felt more trapped than she was ever

"I promise "

Life can be cruel but Camila didn't realise how much cruel it can get. Now with her life there was two others involved and with that their promise. As old people used to say " promises are meant to be broken " and in Camila's case also their heart.

A/n
SORRY life been treating very crazily but hopefully I'll be able to update more after few weeks as I have some kind of break for a week.