Chapter 44: surprise?

Lauren stepped in front of the mirror and fixed her shirt, and stared at herself smiling

'congrats Mrs Morgado-cabello you finally got the girls of your dream' Lauren complimented herself feeling proud and happy, and then she turned around the room to see if all the decoration are in place, she wanted everything to be perfect as this was a new start of their relationship, and what's better way to celebrate other than on Camila's birthday as it will mark a new beginning of her life together with Lauren's or just happy beginning, that's all Lauren ever wanted for Camila.

As it was already 9pm Lauren thought of calling Camila otherwise they will be late for everything she had prepared along with Camila's family.

'Pick up my love' whispered Lauren through the phone hopping Camila will answer but she never did, also after 20 missed call, which made Lauren quite worried about her. So, when she finally decided to go out and try to find Camila she reived a message.

Camz:

Lauren please don't be worried, I am with my friend as it's my birthday, I'll call you once I am free and also if I don't, please go to sleep.

We will talk tomorrow

Take care

Lauren:

Ok you take care too

Camz:

Don't be sad I'll try to come early

Lauren:

No it's okay, enjoy but also tell your parents they are waiting for you to come home to surprise you

Camz:

Shit, I will.

Thanks <3

Lauren sat down on the bed disappointed and looked around the room that she decorated with lots of love and hope for the future, all destroyed in just a second. She looked at her hand which was burned as she was trying to cook for Camila but end up getting hurt as she got scared to be late and in hurry she didn't realised and moved the hot oil pan with her bare hands.

"all for nothing " taking a big breath she laid down on her bed

She was also feeling really sorry for Camila's family who were very excited, they all have been planning this for months but they forgot to realise surprises with Camila doesn't always end in good ways.

"why am I like this, why did they choose this life when I could have easily run away, why did I even fall for her, why God why? can I ever expect something from her and not get hurt or my dream destroyed? Why is this so frustrating when I signed up for this knowingly! why can't my dumbass love someone else the way I love her?" so many question but no answer to any of them.

As the time was passing Lauren decided to call Sofi to see if Camila informed them about her not coming but unfortunately as soon as she grabbed her phone she saw a notification from a tabloid talking about Shawn Mendes and his girlfriend in romantic dinner in one of Miami's most expensive restaurant.

Like always for Lauren just by reading it hurts, she knew Camila didn't want to celebrate with her but somehow she told her heart, it because Camila's friend has a special place in heart and it was her birthday she can decide to celebrate the way she wanted.

However knowing that she wasn't celebrating with her friend but only shawn caused some kind of big turmoil in Lauren's heart.

Why did she make Lauren believe she had a chance if she never ever plan to leave shawn in the first place? Was all the promises made so far fake or just Lauren illusion?