chapter six

Camila walked into the living room where the rest of the girls were hanging out, watching TV. "Hey, guys." She smiled, plopping down in the cushioned chair. She looked over at Ally, Dinah, and Normani, all sitting on the couch, then over to Lauren who was sitting on the other chair. Her body was sideways, her feet hanging off the armrest as she scrolled mindlessly through her phone.

"Wassup, Walz?" Dinah asked as she kept her eyes focused on whatever was on the television.

"Not much." Camila ran a hand through her hair, a nervous habit she'd picked up from Lauren over the years. "Uh, I just had a question." The girls looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "So, when we go to the beach later today...would you mind if Y/N comes too?"

No one answered, Dinah just staring blankly and blinking, Normani sniffling and looking away. "Oh course, Mila!" Ally answered and immediately received a harsh smack on her thigh, Dinah glaring at her. "What?" Dinah raised her eyebrows, trying to allude to something.

"Dinah? Mani? What's with you guys?" Camila asked.

The two looked at each other and then over at Lauren who raised her hands in surrender and picking her phone back up. "Fine." Dinah sighed, looking at Camila. "You know I'll always be straight with you, right? I'll always tell you the truth, mo matter what?" Camila nodded. "Okay, well, the truth is that you've been seeing Y/N everyday for two and a half weeks. You guys practically live together."

"We don't live together." Camila argued, crossing her arms.

"She's been staying over every night since your first date." Normani added. "We're not trying to be rude, but we think you guys might be moving kinda fast."

Camila clenched her jaw and looked to each of them, Lauren meeting her eyes and immediately looking back to her phone. "Y/N and I really like each other. So I don't think it matters. We're having fun. We're happy. I'm happy."

"I know, but moving to fast can be dangerous. You don't know each other that well yet. We just don't want you to move to fast and then crash and burn later on." Camila held Dinah's stare, mentally fighting against her every word.

"Guys, leave her alone." Ally added, breaking the tension-filled silence. "We're leaving for tour soon, they're probably just trying to cram all the time they have left in. Right, Mila?"

Camila didn't reply, she was too preoccupied. The fact that they're leaving soon came rushing through the door and smacked her in the face. Of course, she knew they were leaving soon. But she was enjoying being blissfully ignorant about it and ignoring the fact she'd be separated from
Y/N.

It had only been two weeks, but in that time they had grown so close. Even her mother was growing to like Y/N more and more everyday. She didn't want to even think about not having Y/N with her.

"Camila!"

"Huh? What?" Camila blinked, ridding her mind of the thoughts clouding her brain.

"Are you okay?" Normani asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." Camila forced a smile as she stood. "I'm just gonna go, uh, I'm gonna go get ready."

————

As soon as the girls arrived at the SoHo House in West Hollywood, the only beach they could go to without worrying about people swarming them, they laid out their towels and beach chairs. Dinah, Ally, Normani, Lauren, and Sinu all sat down and laid back, ready to enjoy the sun.

Y/N peeled off her shirt, leaving her bathing suit top on and her tattoos exposed. She looked at the women all laying down. "Are you guys not gonna swim?" She asked, raising her hand to shield her eyes from the harsh California sun.

"Nah, I'm gonna sun bathe." Dinah replied, keeping her eyes closed.

"I don't like swimming in the ocean." Sinu spoke through her thick accent.

"I'll swim with you, baby. Hold on." Camila smiled and pulled down her shorts and took her shirt off, leaving her in a black bikini.
Y/N noticed that Camila made sure to take her time undressing and when she looked back up at her, a coy smile spread on her lips.

Y/N smirked, "You're evil."

"You love it." Camila leant up and kissed Y/N's lips.

Y/N backed away, smiling as she tucked a piece of Camila's hair behind her ear. She leaned in to whisper to her, kissing her ear softly first. Camila took a deep breath, waiting for whatever Y/N was going to say.

"Ready, set, go!" She started with a whisper and finished by yelling over her shoulder as she ran to the water.

"Hey! No fair!" Camila yelled but ran after her nonetheless. She laughed and jumped onto Y/N's back, causing her to reach down and grip Camila's thighs to hold her in place. After stumbling a bit, she caught herself and brought them both to the cool ocean water.

Sinu smiled as she watched them, hearing a soft sigh from beside her. She looked to her right and her smile became softer as she placed a hand on Lauren's arm. "I'm sorry, mija."

Lauren shook her head with a smile. "Don't be. She's happy."

"But you aren't." Sinu replied.

"That's fine. I'll be happy eventually." She spoke, trying to convince herself as well. "We weren't meant to be and that's okay."

Sinu smiled and squeezed Lauren's arm once more before looking back out towards the ocean.

————
(a/n): I'm back
College sucks
I'll update soon*

*hopefully

don't forget to vote
thanks for reading ❤️