chapter fifteen

September 19th, 2016

Camila's POV

Since the girls and I had a small break from tour, I flew to LA while they flew back home to see their families. I was pretty upset that I couldn't see Sofi and my dad, but my mom and Y/N were here.

Roger had arranged for me to begin working on my solo stuff for after I leave the group. And with that day fast approaching, it was time to start.

I had spent the last couple days in the studio. We had worked on some songs, not much but enough for some ideas. I had two more days in LA and then I would fly with Y/N to Miami for her One Night Only live performance of her album.

After she posted about it, I sent it to all my friends in Miami from my private Instagram account, hoping they'd come to see the show. I know Y/N has worked hard on the album and planning for the show. My mom and dad we're going to go, but not Sofi because she was still a bit young for Y/N's music.

It was a little nerve wracking because Y/N would be meeting my dad and Sofi, too

It was a little nerve wracking because Y/N would be meeting my dad and Sofi, too. I wasn't worried about it too much. Just a little. Maybe a lot.

It wasn't that I didn't think Y/N was great and everything, it was just that I know her image can come off a little strong. But I didn't have time to worry about that right now.

I looked over at Y/N who was nodding her head to the music as she maneuvered down the busy LA streets. She was driving me to the set for the Bad Things video.

"Hold on." She paused her music. "Play the song. To get you ready for filming."

"You just want to hear the song again."

"That is very true."

Y/N had easily become my biggest supporter. Every little thing I did she was there to cheer me on. And this was no exception. So, I went to my saved files and played the song.

I laughed as Y/N started dramatically singing the words. I joined in, along with my mom from the backseat, and soon we were screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs all while laughing and acting out different lines.

————

After we got to set, Y/N and I walked over to where Roger was. I was a little worried about how he would react to seeing her here. This was a public setting and we were most definitely not supposed to be seen together in one. "Hey, Roger." I called out, approaching him, flanked on both side by Y/N and my mom.

"Hey, kid, what's up—" he stopped when he saw Y/N. "Mila, I told you, you can't just bring her with you to things like this. Someone could see and—"

"Y/N! Hey! Thanks for coming, dude." Colson had abandoned his conversation and was on his way over. He gave Y/N a hug and left his arm around her shoulder.

"You invited her?" Roger asked.

"Yeah, why?" Roger sighed and walked away. Colson looked at me and winked. "I gotchu."

"Thanks," I smiled, giving him a hug.

The rest of the shoot consisted of Roger glaring at Y/N and Y/N glaring back. I knew she was getting close to her breaking point and I think Colson knew it too.

When the director announced it was time to film my solo part of the video, he swept Y/N away. I tried to focus more on the video than on what they could be doing but I knew I was distracted. I kept missing cues and looking away from the camera, thinking every passerby was them.

As soon as the director said we got it, they walked back into the room. I wasn't shocked to see her bloodshot eyes when she came over to me, it was more common than not.

I did my best to ignore the size of her pupils.

————
(a/n): short chapter but I have another coming shortly 😮‍💨

Don't forget to vote
Thanks for reading ❤️