chapter fourteen

September 9th, 2016

No One's P.O.V.

Fifth Harmony was performing in Irvine, California tonight and Y/N had taken the hour drive to see the show. She had watched them perform, mesmerized by Camila's ability to entrance the crowd—and Y/N herself.

After the show, Camila met her girlfriend with wide arms and an even wider smile. She loved how supportive Y/N was. Whenever she was able, she would drive or fly out to see her, even if just for one night. Those were always her favorite nights to perform, knowing the love of her life was watching her with nothing but love and amazement in her eyes. She could meet her gaze and immediately feel better about herself, forgetting any self-consciousness she had been experiencing.

Y/N had snuck away after the show to use the bathroom. On her way out, she—literally—ran into Normani who was on her way into the bathroom. Y/N outstretched her arms, catching Normani before she stumbled back.

Their eyes met, Normani didn't look away. Y/N didn't either. She was confused beyond belief. Why was she staring like that? Her eyes were boring into her own and she didn't like it one bit.

Finally, Y/N pulled away, the uncomfortable feeling growing to be too much for her. "Uh, sorry," she apologized, skirting around the dark skinned woman who turned around to watch her go.

Arriving back into the room the other girls were in, she found Camila talking to their guitarist. Y/N knew her name (and a lot about her) from her conversations with Camila. She came up behind her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around her waist, she bent slightly to rest her head on Camila's shoulders. The shorter woman jumped slightly at first, but after recognizing Y/N's scent and the feeling of her body, she relaxed, placing her hands over Y/N's and continuing with her conversation.

Y/N placed a kiss on her jawline. "Hi, baby." She said as Camila's conversation died down.

"Hello," Camila giggled. "Oh, Ash, this is Y/N, my girlfriend."

"I know." Ashlee laughed. "Camila talks about you all the time."

It was true, Camila did talk about Y/N a lot. And Ashlee listened. It was one of the reasons their friendship was so strong, Camila thinks. While the other girls would dismiss her and roll their eyes when Camila gushed about her girlfriend, Ashlee would listen with rapt attention, soaking up every detail. She had told Camila she was living vicariously through Camila since she had yet to find "lady love" herself.

To Ashlee, it was refreshing to hear someone so successful talk so openly about their queer relationship. It was one of the reasons she felt so comfortable coming out to Camila and Sinu before anyone else. She knew they would understand, especially Camila. And while the Cuban couldn't be out and proud in public, she definitely was in private. It was inspiring to Ashlee and she loved hearing about Camila's happiness.

"Believe it or not, I've heard a lot about you too." Y/N smiled.

"Well," Ashlee began. "Some of the other guys on the crew wanted to go to this karaoke bar down the street. You guys wanna come?" Camila and Y/N looked at each other, the former biting her lip. "Oh, Ryan said it's all booked out so we have privacy."

Another reason Camila loved Ashlee so much, she could read her mind. She turned her head slightly, looking up at Y/N. "You wanna go?"

"This is your night, baby. Anything you wanna do."

"We can sing together." Camila smiled widely.

"Fine, but I get to pick the song."

"We'll see." Camila smirked.