chapter sixteen

September 19th, 2016

They wrapped the video at around four o'clock that same evening. Sinu asked to be dropped off at the house since she had a migraine and knew the two girls wanted to spend time together, just the two of them. Camila was pretty tired but she wasn't going to turn down alone time with Y/N.

The two women had been driving for about a half hour when Y/N pulled off the highway. Camila recognized where they were: The Bluffs in Santa Monica. She had been her numerous times with the girls for various reasons.

"Why are we here?"

"I want to show you something."

Y/N's vague answer did nothing to clue Camila in as to where they were going. So, trusting Y/N, she grabbed her hand and interlocked their fingers, looking out of the window.

About ten minutes later, Y/N pulled into a driveway and parked just in front of a house Camila didn't recognize.

It was symmetrical on both sides, the siding a light sky blue. The walkway to the front door was covered in wood, tying in with the overall beachy theme. Camila looked at the large windows on the first floor, both on the left and right. In the center we're two wooden doors. Above that, in what Camila assumed was the second floor, had more windows, along with two wooden pillars connected to the extending roof. The pillars reached all the way down to the ground, flanking the doors.

"Who's house is this?"

"No one's."

Again, being annoyingly vague, Y/N smiled innocently and stepped out of the large SUV. Camila followed suit and walked with her up to the front door. There, they came to a lock box on the door handle. "It's for sale?"

"Yup." Y/N knelt down and began turning the dial on the padlock.

"Y/N, you can't just go in there—" she stopped when she heard the lock click. "How..."

"I know the real estate agent." Y/N shrugged again and flashed that annoyingly cute smile again.

She opened the door and led Camila inside.

Just as they walked through the door, was the kitchen. The floor was covered with black hardwood, matching the stools that sat at the center island. The countertops were a white marble, matching the walls in color. The kitchen connected to the living room which led to a set of stairs.

Before Camila could process much, Y/N grabbed her hand and led her out towards the large sliding glass doors at the end of the living room.

When she opened them, she pulled Camila out to the back patio. With the doors open, the living room basically just continued onto the patio. There was a patio set, complete with a couch, a chair, and a glass fire place. To their right was a little table for dining outside. And to their left, were two lounge chairs.

Camila looked out and saw a beautiful view of the ocean. "Y/N..." She breathed out.

"Don't worry, I didn't buy us a house." Y/N chuckled. She seemed nervous. "I just kinda wanted to show you what we could have."

Camila looked at her, her brows creased in a silent question.

"I know you get nervous about my...motives, or whatever. Like where I stand with you and me. And I wanted to show you exactly where I stand." She stepped forward and grabbed Camila's hands.

Camila's heart rate picked up at the gentle display of affection, the eye contact made her body soften. "One day, we'll live in a house like this. Away from prying eyes and in our own paradise. We'll have a house like this, with extra rooms for your mom and the rest of your family, if they wanna visit. Even room for the girls."