chapter seventeen

September 19th, 2016 (that same night)

Y/N pulled up outside of the girls' house. She was going out with some friends so she couldn't stay. Camila didn't mind.

She didn't.

Well, she tried to convince herself of that anyway.

All she could really do was wonder what Y/N would be doing. She knows it's irrational—she had just told her she's super serious about them. But a little part of Camila worried. What if she goes out and finds someone she likes better? What if she's too fucked up to know the difference between Camila and some other short brunette? These questions and more plagued her mind and she couldn't get away from them.

"You okay?" Y/N's question brought Camila back to Earth. Her eyebrows creased in concern, making Camila's heart flutter. See, she thought, you have nothing to worry about.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." Camila looked over at her girlfriend. "I wish you could stay over."

"I can, if you want." Y/N reached for her phone that was in the cup holder between them.

Camila reached out and placed her hand over Y/N's, she knew she was reaching for her phone to cancel on her friends. "Don't. Go, have fun. I'll see you tomorrow." She leaned over and gave Y/N a soft kiss.

As she pulled away, however, Y/N gripped her hair and pulled her back into her.

Their lips moved together for a few minutes until a knock at the driver's side window interrupted them.

"Again? Are you fucking serious?" Y/N grumbled.

When she looked out the window to see Sinu staring at them, she immediately straightened up in her seat. Camila had to hold back a laugh as she watched her girlfriend fumble for the button to put her window down.

"Hi, Mrs. Cabello."

Sinu didn't say anything back for a few moments. Her eyes looking between the two women in the car.

"Hello," she eventually spoke. "¿Estás entrando?" She directed toward her daughter.

"Yeah, I am," Camila turned to Y/N and leaned over to give her one last kiss. "Thank you for today." She whispered against her lips.

"I love you." Y/N smiled.

"I love you." Camila replied.

Once Camila was inside and Y/N had driven away, Camila turned to her mother. "Why don't you like her?"

"Who?"

"Y/N. You clearly don't like her. I want to know why." Camila sat down at the table in the dining room, Sinu sighed and did the same.

"Ella no es buena para ti."

"How?" Camila could feel herself getting upset. She valued Sinu's opinion, probably more than her own—no, definitely more. So, to hear that she doesn't approve of the woman Camila loves? That hurt. In many ways.

"I do not trust her." Sinu sighed. "She is going to hurt you."

Camila scoffed, not necessarily in annoyance, she was more so trying to ponder her mothers words. "Well, I do trust her." She came back with. "You've never really spent any time with her."

"I do not need to." Sinu shook her head. "You are using her to forget your problems. La distracción."

Camila didn't want to listen to this. She was scared that if she heard more of what Sinu had to say, she'd believe it. Not that she would admit that to anyone.