chapter twenty-one

September 30, 2016

pretty girl🍑💕: have u seen twitter

my lover❤️❤️❤️: not recently
my lover❤️❤️❤️: wait why are you on twitter?

pretty girl🍑💕: i was on my moms phone
pretty girl🍑💕: but anywayyyyyy
pretty girl🍑💕: the few accounts that ship us are theorizing about your album

my lover❤️❤️❤️: how?
my lover❤️❤️❤️: how do people ship us if they've never seen us together

pretty girl🍑💕: you'd be amazed at what they can figure out
pretty girl🍑💕: it's so fun reading the theories tho
pretty girl🍑💕: im in the car like YES THATS MY GF ISNT SHE GREAT but i can't say that :(

my lover❤️❤️❤️: well....you could....

pretty girl🍑💕: .....

my lover❤️❤️❤️: i know, i know

"Y/N!"

"What?" Y/N snapped her head up to look at Alexxis who sat next to her in the back of the black SUV they were riding in.

"I've been calling your name."

"Oh, sorry," Y/N locked her phone and slid it into her pocket. "What's up?"

"I want to go over the plan one more time." Alexxis held a piece of paper in her hand.

"You mean my script?"

"Y/N..."

"Well, that's what it is." Alexxis gave her a pointed look. "Okay, fine, the plan whatever."

"Good. Now," Alexxis took a breath. "He's gonna ask about the silhouette and you're gonna say—"

"My God, we've been over this so many times."

"I don't care. We're going over it again. So, as I was saying you're gonna answer and say Stella Maxwell."

"I still don't get why I can't just say it was you like we told everyone else."

"Please, Y/N, just make it easy this once." Alexxis pleaded.

Y/N rolled her eyes as she placed a joint between her lips and lit it.

If she was going to do this, she was going to need some help from her friends.

————

"Here to talk about her new album 'tickets to my downfall', please welcome, Y/N L/N!"

The crowd cheered as Y/N walked onto the stage, her shirt unbuttoned, the black ink on display, and took a seat on the couch next to James Corden's desk.