chapter twenty

September 24th, 2016

————

It was the night of Y/N's One Night Only concert and Camila was watching from a VIP booth with her parents. She knew if someone were to really look up here they could see her, but she tried not to worry about that.

Her heart rate spiked as she heard the crowd murmur to themselves through the glass.

The excitement was palpable. Y/N's album 'tickets to my downfall' had been out for almost two days now and it was staying at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart, right where it debuted.

Camila sent a quick text to Y/N, knowing the show was going to start soon.

pretty girl🍑💕: good luck baby. i love you

my lover❤️❤️❤️: i love you

She smiled at her phone and about five minutes later, the lights dimmed. The crowd began screaming as the stage was completely dark.

Then, at the back of center stage, a bright white light illuminated a figure as a soft guitar melody began. It was clear who it was.

Y/N stood with a mic stand in front of her, a guitar strapped around her neck.

The crowd grew quiet as title track began. Camila smiled as she watched Y/N pause, swing the guitar out of the way, remove the mic and walk towards the front of the stage.

She looked out at the crowd, a singular spot light on her as she stood there, the screams getting louder and louder.

Suddenly, the rest of the band was illuminated as the song picked up and Y/N began singing the chorus.

The show was amazing. Every little detail had Y/N had conceived had been executed.

She had the audience captivated.

After WWIII, Y/N walked over to a stool that had been placed at the front of center stage. She sat down and took a swig of water from the bottle beside her.

The crowd, of course, screamed as she did.

Camila had to admit, it was hot. Somehow, everything Y/N did was hot.

"Alright guys," Y/N began speaking into the mic that was on a stand in front of her. She grabbed the guitar from its stand beside the stool, pulling it onto her lap. "This next track is probably my favorite."

Camila smiled, knowing exactly what was next. Apparently, so did the crowd as they all hollered.

"This song has a few recordings of me and someone I love very much," she cleared her throat as more screams rang out. "I've seen you all trying to guess who it is, but the voice has been edited so much that you'll never guess it, so," she shrugged.