chapter eighteen

September 22, 2016

The day was here.

The day Y/N would be meeting Camila's father.

Camila knows it's such a stupid stereotype to be scared of what your dad thinks of your significant other. The tough over protective dad and the new love interest of his daughter.

But, Camila feels like she's justified in being worried. Sinu is open about her dislike for Y/N and Camila knows she's voiced that to Alejandro as well.

Camila is going to walk through the door with her tattoo-covered rock star girlfriend. Every parents nightmare.

This should be great.

Yeah, it'll be fine.

"Hey, babe, have you seen my sunglasses?"

Camila looked up from her phone to see Y/N walking out of the bathroom, her jeans on and no shirt.

She walked over to her dresser and grabbed a t-shirt, pulling it over her head.

"Uh, on the night stand," Camila replied. She was pretty distracted at the moment, what with all the tattoos and such. "I grabbed a hoodie for you. Here," she tossed the hoodie from where she sat on the bed to Y/N, who caught it effortlessly.

"Miami is gonna be hot as fuck. Why would I wear a hoodie?" Y/N looked at her like she was fucking crazy.

"Well, there's A/C inside everywhere. You might get cold."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "I'm not wearing a hoodie."

"Maybe a long sleeve shirt?"

"Are you trying to make me get heat stroke?"

"No, I'm just...you're meeting my dad." Camila eyed Y/N's exposed arms.

"I'm aware. What does that have to do with..." Y/N noticed her gaze. "Seriously?" She held out her arms, looking at them.

"What?"

"You want me to cover my tattoos?"

"Well, you're meeting my—"

"Your dad, yes I know." Y/N scoffed.

"Would you listen to me?"

"Listen to what? The fact you want me to hide part of myself to please your dad? That was loud and clear." She grabbed her suitcase and Camila's. "We're gonna be late." Y/N stopped at the door and grabbed the hoodie she had tossed back in the bed.

Camila couldn't help the little flutter in her chest at how, even when Y/N was pissed, she still carried Camila's suitcase for her.

Snapping out of her little lovesick haze, she remembered that Y/N was pissed. At her. She muttered a quiet "fuck" under her breath and got up to follow her girlfriend.

————

The car ride was only about an hour with traffic, but Camila could have sworn it was taking longer. Y/N kept her eyes on the road, only glancing away to look at the mirrors occasionally. One hand on the steering wheel, the other on the gear shift.

"You're not even gonna look at me?"

"I can look at you or the road, you decide."

Camila rolled her eyes. She knows she fucked up but this is ridiculous.

"Look, I just didn't want your tattoos to be the first thing my dad sees when he meets you."

"Has he ever seen a picture of me?"