042

5 years later
wednesday july 22nd 2026

"iwa...wake up" toru yawned groggily and stretched his body out in the bed.

"too early" he ignored oikawa and snuggled himself up in the blanket, about to drift back to sleep. "haji we're gonna miss our flight" oikawa got off the bed and opened the curtains, exposing bright sunlight into the room.

"what flight?.."

"we're going back to japan, silly"

toru and hajime had been on vacation in argentina for the past year and a half, they face timed their old friends almost everyday to see how things were going back in tokyo.

"we're going back today?!" the spiky haired male flung the blanket off of himself and scrambled out the bed, retrieving his phone from the nightstand and eagerly checking the date and time.

he turned to oikawa with slightly parted lips and wide excited eyes, his husband had his usual wide smile that he loved to see every day for nearly the past 6 years. the two got engaged about 3 years ago and finally had the marriage about half a year later. after that, they flew out to argentina for their honeymoon and a vacation and just to try something new.

"c'mon let's get ready, the flight is in three hours.." the brunette said through the same smile, taking out clothes from their wardrobe.

timeksip;

the couple had arrived at the local airport and were now boarding the plane to go back.

"everyone please take your seats, we're going to start taking off in the span of 10-15 minutes, thank you"

°°°

"man that flight was horrible" kenma whined and stretched his arms out, accidentally smacking his boyfriend in the process.

"um...ow???" kuroo said as he practically got bitch slapped in the face, "apologize"

"i didn't even hit you"

"you did"

"no i didn't"

"can you guys move?" a voice said from behind them, they were blocking the doors.

"why don't you move, tch" kenma rolled his eyes and walked inside the building.

"feels good to be back eh?" kuroo said as they went to the baggage retrieval area, "let's agree to never go to america again though" the blonde—or rather brunet—said through a chuckle.

"yeah agreed, also today is the day" kuroo grabbed his and kenma's suitcase from the conveyor belt, his smile faltered. "i know, it feels like time went by so quick"

"honestly, it's been about 6 years and it still felt like we met last week"

"well today is the day our journey ends" kenma took a deep breath and went to leave the airport, but then someone caught his eye.

"oikawa?" he said confusedly as he saw a brunet and a raven haired man enter the airport.

as for toru's great sense of hearing, he heard his last name being called rather quietly, he looked around and the widest grin spread on his face. "kenma!" he practically shouted, gaining unwanted attention from some of the passers.

"i thought you weren't coming back till later" kenma said as the four were now in talking range.

while toru and hajime were married, kuroo and kenma are still going strong in the dating game, as well as some of their old friends.