Chapter - 34

Mia POV-

I stared back at the car my mom, dad and brother were dispersing in. It was of course one of Shilpa aunty's cars.

We were at a local restaurant for having breakfast I didn't want to make Roshni or Pari awkward by the early morning visit of my parents so I just asked them to come to the restaurant near to my house.

Our conversation went like this -

"Mia, you are a big girl, you shouldn't let any of your feelings overpower you, Do not act silly or do not do something stupid that could bring shame to us and our name" My mom threw those words at me without caring about what will I feel, she looked at my dad for encouragement, and not caring about my younger brother is listening to us.

"What Neeti? Mia is big enough she knows what is good for her or what is not! What will happen if we talk about this again and again" My dad rebuked my mom. I just looked at the drink in my hands.

It has always been like this, discussion about me without involving me.

"Plus if something out of the box happens then" he took a breath in "we have already decided that she and Vaarin will marry at that instant" he tried to warn me indirectly, he for sure knew I didn't want to get married at this age. In fact, neither did he wanted me to get married at this age.

"And Neeti, Shilpa ji said na.. And I don't think Vaarin is that type of a guy" my mom who had puffy cheeks when my father stopped her instantly got happy

"That is true, we really found a gem for our Mia" her statement sent tingles to my stomach.

Vaarin and me? Sometimes it feels so weird to me, I can't even imagine myself being his wife.

Will it be like how it shows on TV? Every day I have to wear Saree or suit? I mean if not then there won't be a vibe of that newly married, no? Will we always fight upon small things? Will we fight when our children will have excessive screen time?

Children? I could feel the blush creeping my cheeks.

An image of a dark room, with clothes scattered on the floor and a guy, to be precise Vaarin, half-naked or should I say half body covered with blanket moving up and down on a girl, ahh not on any girl but at me, Mia. To be very precise we were having Ss..Ee..Xx.

I shook my head in embarrassment.

Chi chi, what are you thinking Mia!

"Mia are you here?" I looked up at my mom
"Where are you lost?" She asked. I felt weird when I felt every person in the family looking at me, I was scared that they could see what I was thinking.

I firmly shook my head in no "no, nothing"

"Oof, when will this girl grow up Vivek Ji?" My mom slapped her forehead

"Neeti you need to stop being behind her, My Mia will be getting married soon" My Papa said as he patted my back, little too firmly.

"Oh ho Vivek Ji, if this girl keep doing like this na then for sure there won't be any respect of us in Our and Ahuja family" My mom exaggerated
"Will she even be able to clean the house? Will she make the bed? And will she cook?" Wait is my mom unaware of the fact that I'm living alone since I'm 18? that in a strange city and studied And did all my chore till I was 19? and then I found myself a job and now I earn quite well?  Wow.

My dad released a chuckle
"We get to know that our dear Vaarin is doing all the chores and Mia is just there"

Wow, that doesn't sound bad to me. I mean it can work like that? Or maybe it can be 50/50... You know.