Chapter - 44

Mia POV-

"Then, insert it there"
"There?" I asked as I did but whine as soon as the fabric fell out again.
"Mumma I can not do thisssss, now what should I do?" I helplessly cried as I stand between the pool of the saree.
I grabbed my phone from the chair.

" Wear salwar suit then? I asked you to learn how to wear saree but no, why will you listen to me" she started with her normal taunting sessions.

God, only if she knew how many time discretely I have tried to wear her saree, but it never ended up perfect but just some what close. Past few years I'm totally out of practice, so now I'm also helpless.

"Mata shree, please I don't need your talks right now. Mai kya Karu? I really wanted to wear saree today!" I was almost about to cry.

I wanted to wear a saree today. Me and Vaarin were going to meet Rishab sir and his fiance, Amyra. She is sister of Harsh jiju, Naruvi Di's husband.
The weather was great today, and from morning itself I was full on ethnic mood.
It was a small family cousins gathering. Even Naruvi di asked me if I will match with by wearing saree, I very gladly agreed. But now I don't know!!!

"Okay, do one thing buy readymade saree-" I cut my mom off

"Mom I have to leave in 1 hour, when will I buy and when will I wear??" I lied down on our bed.

"Then, I don't know. You are completely bhagwan bhrose. Mujhe bakas de!" She said as she very nicely ate her food.

"Kaisi maa ho yaar tum, tumhere saath time waste karne se acha Mai na YouTube se seekh lo" I sat back straight.

"Toh ja na call kyu Kiya" she replied to make me shut up.

"Okay, theek hai. Bye" I hang up on her.

Okay drop the idea. I will just tell Naruvi di it isn't possible for me, I got myself and her excited for no reason at all!

I'm sitting at my house free only I will learn it in coming days for sure. I tried to console myself.

"Mia?" I heard Vaarin calling me from hall.

Is he back already?
I checked the time it's 6pm, of course he will be back he is out from morning itself not like you who have no other work rather than watching TV or wasting time in phone.

I made my way out of the room to see him serving himself a glass of water.

"I'm sorry" I said as I moved towards the kitchen island feeling guilty.
I feel so bad today. I do nothing and this guy go out work his ass off but still has to pour himself a glass of water.

He frowned "Why? What happened?" He came towards me.

"I'm so sorry" I went forward and hugged him.

"You work so hard all day, and when you come at home I don't even give you a glass of water.. I.."

"Hey, Mia, sush. What rubbish are you talking? Has something happened? Look I'm normal human with two legs and two hands, isn't that sufficient to do my own work? Don't say such things!" He hugged me tighter.

" I can get it, you don't like being packed inside this apartment. So all you do is overthink. This must be taking a toll of you. Never think I will leave you for these silly matters. Jesus, I will never leave you for anything" he pulled me back. His hand still on my shoulders as he looked deep inside my eyes, taking all my strength to stand straight as I leaned against the kitchen island.

"Even if god, no" he shook his head as no and let his hand caress my cheek
"Even if you yourself tell me to leave you then I will fight you and keep you with me forever and ever. After I know how you feel about me I'm not, infact I am never letting you go. Knowing how much overthinking you do, I know this beautiful but chaotic mind yours is always running with stupid, but sometimes great ideas, so - Even you can't seperate us Ms. Gupta" he took a pause to think "or should I say soon to be Mrs. Ahuja" his word made me smile but somewhere it made my smile tight, or fake too.