Chapter - 36

Mia POV-

I'm angry.
That's all I can say.

6 days ago from today,

It was just the next day after the first night. It was a little weird to stay in a new place, there was a little awkwardness, I mean I wasn't as free as I was in my friends' place but everything was going well...

Maybe because Vaarin did all the chores from morning and was so nice to me but -

In the afternoon he got a call, he looked so angry while he was talking. Angry like the day when we first kissed.

He said that he has some problems with his branch in Singapore!

Like okay, I understand that shifting your main office from one country to another can be a little hard.

I didn't really mind when he left.

In fact, the kiss on the cheeks he gave me in the airport had me caught up for two days. I couldn't forget the racing of my heart, the pleasurable feeling at the bottom of my stomach, and the smile, the cute smile he gave. 

I could again feel the area he kissed burning and getting red, of course, how can I not blush now!

But the main thing is no one of us contacted each other. In starting days I didn't really found a problem with it. But slowly - slowly my mind started making mountains out of the molehill.

The third day I consoled myself  "Ya, fine he is busy. If he was free he would have called" and I didn't want to disturb him by calling.

4th day got me like " oh, why should I call? If he missed or cared even one percent he would have at least messaged " but that day after overthinking I realized I was acting so childish. My mind reasoned that what if he was really busy and couldn't get a free time. So I planned to text him as I thought maybe a text for me make him feel a little good.

So I texted-

"Heyy Vaarin,
How are you doing?"

The mere message took me hours and hours to frame.

And out of embarrassment I screamed, with my head in the pillow.

I assumed that the next day I will wake up to a sweet text message from Vaarin.

But on the 5th day what I saw made me saw anxious. There wasn't any reply! I would have been so scared about him if only I haven't seen his picture on a boat during sunset with his siblings, cousin, and friends, on Naruvi Di's insta handle.

She tagged me in the caption and said I was missed. I just commented they all looked good and there is always the next time.

I was as pissed as my over-sweet comment. That guy was enjoying it there and I was being worried here.

I don't even have a problem even if he enjoys but he should at least respond to my message. He ghosted me!

But I again consoled myself saying "he must be busy in all this, maybe when he checks his phone today he will see my message and reply" and forgiving him for his so-called mistake I went to sleep.

The next day I tried hard not to get affected by his unresponsive behavior but who am I lying to. I was grumpy, I almost rebuked so many workers. When I knew that Vaarin was the reason for my sore mood I apologized to each one of them, I went home late last night. 

The thought that he didn't want to stay at the same place as I crossed my mind but I never let it overtook but that day I didn't think I was able to control it!