chapter two | see you

ALEXIS MAXWELL

I've been super stressed about this assignment for literally no reason. I just have to meet up with a guy who is friends with literally all of mine.

The assignment hopefully will not take too long considering it's not supposed to be very long.

I hear a text beep on my phone and decide to pull over and check it quickly, maybe I'm just stalling so that it takes longer until I get to the Starbucks where I'm meeting Andrew, but technically it could be him texting me to say that something came up and he is super busy so he can't meet me. That would be a dream.

Turning off my car after pulling into an open parking spot in Starbucks, I grab my wallet, keys, and phone. Okay, Alexis, come on don't get all awkward now, we can do this. It's only going to be a few minutes. Walking into the restaurant I text Andrew and then scroll on Instagram for a few minutes while I'm waiting for him. I had told him that I am by the entrance, and I see someone wave me over.

"Andrew?'' I ask him, clarifying. "Yes, that's me, it's nice to meet you, Alexis." He says with a soft smile. Am I just supposed to pretend that this guy isn't a walking god? He is inhumanely tall and fucking hot. Focus. Come on. I return his soft smile. "It's lovely to meet you too," I say. I'm probably blushing so much, just from his looks right now.

After getting to know each other for a little bit we talked about our schedules and when we will work on the project. It seems like we are both very busy so this is going to be a little challenging but we'll see how it goes.

"I'm thinking on Wednesdays and Saturdays we meet and in between, I'll write a little bit. If Wednesday you can teach me and I'll take notes, then I'll do the writing before Saturday and you can see if the information is correct?" I ask him if that is okay with him.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me." He says. "Sorry for the wait, what can I get for you guys today?" A waiter asks. "It's okay, can I just have a grande iced white mocha with sweet cream cold foam?" I ask politely. "Of course. For you sir?" He asks Andrew. "I'll just take a Venti blended latte and a blueberry muffin," Andrew tells the waiter.

"So, since it's already Monday today, are we starting on Wednesday that's in two days?" I ask him politely. Waiting for the waiter to leave.

"Of course. Those will be out soon." The waiter says, turning, and then walks away. "So, do you know where the outdoor basketball courts are?" Andrew asks me. "I'm not sure. Is there an exact address I can have?" I ask him.

"Nope, you have to find it on your own." He teases. "I'm kidding, it's 916 audit lane court 7. It's by the cafeteria for the biology lecture hall." He says to me. I'm sure that he saw my eyes light up in recognition.

"Here, are your drinks and food, enjoy." The waiter says, then walks away.

"So, tell me a little bit about yourself," Andrew suggests, placing his drink back on the table. "Ok, well I'm from Manhattan, I have four step-brothers, none live at home anymore. I lived with my step-mom and dad until I left home." I say to him.

"What about you?" I ask him. "Well, I have 6 older brothers. Alejandro, Matteo, Marco, Ace, Luca, and Aiden. I live with my mom and dad. We are a very close family, we have family dinners at least once a week Andrew I have 4 nephews and 1 niece, 7 uncles, and 7 aunts." He says to me. Wow.

"Wow big family, huh?" I ask him. "Nope, a tiny family he teases me. "Oh yeah, totally" I tease back. "I should probably get back- I have a thing with a friend of mine tonight," I tell Andrew.

"One second, so uh-" he stops talking and scratches the back of his neck. " Oliver and Xavier are two of my closest friends. I'm the guy that Ariana and Amelia have been trying to set you up with. I just thought that I should tell you." He says to me. My jaw drops.