chapter twenty two | new years eve

ALEXIS MAXWELL

Today is New Year's Day which means that Andrew and I do not have too much going on.

We are going to go to a firework show with all of his family tonight, but until then there is not much to do during the day.

Andrew must have woken up before me because when I get up he is no longer in his room or his bathroom.

I check the time and see that it is ten-fifty-seven. I am seriously going to have a hard time getting up again when I have to go back to school.

I step into the shower and lean my head forward so that my hair doesn't get wet. After I finish washing my body I get out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel. I take a pump of my moisturizing lotion and rub it all over my face.

I step out of the bathroom to go and grab some clothes from my suitcase. I pull out some ripped black jeans and a pink cropped tank top covered with a black cardigan.

I walk back into the bathroom and close the door to get dressed. For makeup, I did some simple mascara and then walked out of the bathroom.

I see Andrew sitting on the bed and let out a startled scream. I didn't see him there until I was right in front of him.

"Hey, baby it's about time that you woke up." He teases me and I just roll my eyes at his antics. "Do you want to grab lunch before we hang out with my family?" He asks me and I just nod and then stop to look at him.

"Is your family not going to be at lunch?" I ask him, knowing that the last few days that we have been at his parents that usually everyone eats together.

"Nope. We are going out since someone needed my cuddles last night." Andrew says it is true though.

"Okay, where are we going?" I ask him and he shrugs while pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Any requests?" He asks me and I think about it for a second before realizing that I don't know too many questions around here.

"You can decide. I still don't know too many questions that are around here." I tell him while I brush the knots out of my hair.

"Jo's diner is a cute place that isn't that far from here. Does that sound good to you?" He asks me and I slide on a pair of white high-top converse.

"Let's head out then." He tells and I smile when he wraps an arm around my waist as we walk down the stairs and head over to the garage.

He grabs his keys off of one of the hooks and opens my door for me before walking to the driver's side and getting in.

On the way there we talked about how we, unfortunately, had to head back to school in two days.

"At least this is your last semester. You only have one class anyway, I think that you will be able to manage." I tell him with a roll of my eyes.

Since he had taken a lot of classes his first two years in school he only has a few right now and only needs one more to graduate.

"Just think about it like this. By this time next year you are already going to be graduated and have your diploma." Andrew tells me and I realize that he is right.

"Well then, in that case, I can not wait for it to be this time next year," I tell him with a light chuckle. I love dancing and teaching dance with all my heart but it gets tiring all day every day.

"What? You are telling me that you don't want to have to be exhausted and have ten million assignments for the rest of your life?" Andrew sarcastically asks me and I just give him a look that says 'Really?'

AttachmentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara