chapter twenty-one | eating

ANDREW DAVIS

Alexis and I reach the bottom of the stairs and go into the kitchen to get something to eat.

I pull out all of the leftovers from recent days to get us both some food. My mom always cooks way too much food so it all just goes in the refrigerator.

We both start to take some food to warm up. I have stuffing, mashed potatoes and some soup on my dish and Alexis has soup with mashed potatoes on the soup. What?

"Baby, why are the mashed potatoes in your soup?" I ask her, very confused right now.

"Have you never put mashed potatoes in your soup?" She asks me with widened eyes. "No, I haven't, because that is most definitely not normal," I tell her and she just rolls her eyes at me.

"You should try mine when it's done. This is also the best kind of soup to do it with." She tells me as she slides the bowl into the microwave and turns it on.

She presses the timer to go off after two minutes and pulls it out of the microwave. She then mixes the mashed potatoes with the soup.

She places a spoon in the bowl and pushes it over towards where I am standing by the counter. "Try it." She tells me and I just look at her, then down at the bowl and then up at her again with a blank expression on my face.

"This looks gross, this is not normal," I tell her and she just rolls her eyes at me. "It's so good. You are missing out but whatever." She shrugs and goes to sit down at the table. A few minutes later my food is done and we start eating everything together.

She holds up the spoon with a little bit of the soup left on it and puts it closer to me. "Are you sure you don't want to try it?" She questions me with a smirk.

"Yes, I am sure I don't want to try your weird concoction," I tell her with a smirk. "Rude. It's amazing." She says and takes a bite out of it and moans. "Fuck." I groan and put my head in my hands. "Baby, my parents are in the next room over so I would stop moaning like that if I were you." I seriously tell her.

She just blushes and gets up to bring her plate to the sink. After we both put our dishes away and then clean up we head back to my room.

We sore laying so that he back is to my front and we are on our sides. "What are you planning to do next year?" Alexis asks me in a soft voice, telling me that she is getting tired.

"What do you mean?" I ask, or completely knowing what she is referring to. "Like when you are done with the school what do you want to do with the company?" She asks me.

"Well when I graduate in May I'll move back into my parent's house for a few months and then after I get settled back into running the company again I'll start looking at houses," I explain to her.

"Speaking of which, I know you said that you planned on staying in California after you are done with school, but where do you plan on actually living?" I ask her, wanting to know how local she plans to be.

"Right around here, like not too far away. I want to live right outside of San Diego so probably about fifteen to twenty minutes away from the university." She tells me, making me happy.

"I heard Ariana tell Oliver that you were thinking about not even dancing in a company for a few years anymore and right away just starting to open up your studio, is that true?" I ask her, knowing how happy dance makes her.

"Yeah, there aren't a lot of good dance companies around here to dance for and I realized that I would rather just start planning my studio right away than wait those few extra years. I'm already looking forward to opening my business. I'm done with all the classes for that part of it I just have a few more physical dance classes left. I'm graduating after one semester next year." She explains to me.