chapter four | accident

ALEXIS MAXWELL

I am currently laying on my bed, covered with blankets just thinking about the events of today. My dad and stepmom were both in a car accident that ended with both them and the other driver dying. I immediately drowned in alcohol and OxyContin because that is what I had.

All of a sudden there is a bunch of banging and all five of my friends come piling into my dorm. "Come here, babe," Ariana says and wraps her arms around me. I just let her stay like that, not hugging her back but also not pushing her away from me.

"Why didn't you tell us that they died?" Amelia steps over to my bed and asks me. "I don't know. It was just an irrational decision. I wouldn't have done anything so stupid if I was thinking I wasn't this time." I say to everyone.

"I have about 6000 missed called from my step-brothers, I just can't face it to call them back though," I add on. "I texted them to tell them that I was still alive, but that is just about it." I finally finish. "They lost a parent too. Don't worry I'm sure that they will understand." Ariana concludes.

"I don't know, I just didn't think that this would ever happen. I was so young when my mom died that it's not like I knew what it was like to have a parent die." I say out loud to anyone that was listening.

"I grew up without parents with my uncle as you know. Getting over their deaths won't be easy but you'll be able to get through it, you have every single one of us to help you." Amelia says. I can feel that this is even making her upset.

After spending a few hours cuddling under my blankets talking with everyone I took a much-needed nap because of all the stress that I was dealing with today.

Waking up, I see that no one has moved from their spots besides Andrew, who is nowhere to be seen. I groan and rub the sleep out of my eyes. "Ok, guys get out of here for a little bit we are in desperate need of some girl chat," Ariana says and shoos Oliver and Xavier out of my room.

"Ok, damn, woman," Oliver says to his girlfriend as he walks out of the room.

"Were you really going to kill yourself?" Amelia asks me, looking down. "I wasn't. I honestly have no memory of taking all the OxyContin. I remember getting drunk to forget everything but that's it." I tell her, truthfully.

"Listen, I have all my family but you have us to help you get through it," Ariana repeats, for about the thousandth time. "Trust me, I know I just really want to get my mind off of everything that happened today for now," I tell her.

"That can be arranged" Ariana smirks. "Come in boys!" She yells and the guys come in with a bunch of food in their hands.

"Oh yeah just what I need to feel better about myself, a food baby" I laugh at her antics. "See now you understand my logic'' Ari says. Andrew sits down next to me on my bed and whispers to me "are you really okay, Lex?"

"It sucks and I don't know because they were my family. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this otherwise, but I'll get through it." I whisper back.

It's been a few hours since we had that last talk and we just finished watching our second movie. Andrew and I are laying with our backs against the headboard with my head on his shoulder. "Okay guys, what movie would you guys like to watch next?" Amelia asks us all.

"I don't know but I'm tired, so I am going to bed, so if you guys could go now?" I ask them with a yawn. "Yeah, sure, we will all get going now," Ariana says. "Wait, can I have my copy of your essay so I can start reviewing it?" Andrew asks me before he leaves.