chapter fifteen | girlfriend

ALEXIS MAXWELL

It's now Saturday, so I have had a full school since Thanksgiving break. Now I only have one more until Christmas break. I don't have any special plans for Christmas break because I'm not sure if I am going to head back to New York or not.

I hear a knock on my door and her up to see who it is. It's probably Ariana since she had just asked me if I was doing anything for the next few hours.

"Andrew?" I ask, wondering why he would be here right now. "What are you doing here?" I ask him very confused.

He pulls out flowers and hands them to me. "Are you up for a date today?" He asks me as I walk over to my desk and put the flowers in an empty vase that I had there and dump some water in there.

"If you can give me a little bit to get ready I can be," I tell him, and when he nods I rush to grab clothes so that I can get ready as quickly as possible. I put on a cute floral dress with a light white sweater over it and do a light natural makeup look.

When I come out of the bathroom I see Andrew leaning against the edge of my bed looking on his phone. "You look gorgeous." He tells me after he looks me up and down.

"Thank you," I murmur with a very light blush. "Where are we going?" I ask him, curiously.

"Nope, it's a surprise." He tells me and I just roll my eyes at him. "Why is it always a surprise with you?" I question him faking suspiciousness.

"It's a very short drive so it shouldn't be too long." He tells me as we both get into his car. After about ten minutes of making small talk about school and everything, we pull up to a beach-access parking lot.

He opened my door for me and I got out of the car. It's only taken us about three minutes before we reach the sand. He hands me a jacket- my jacket. I'm just going to assume that he took it from my room at one point.

We walked down towards the water and walked for a little bit.

"Alexis," Andrew says, he sounds kind of nervous? "Hm?" I ask him, confused because I have never seen him act like this around me before.

"As you know, I like you a lot. I want to get to know you better even more than I already have. I want us to be officially together. I want you to be mine. Alexis, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me about thirty seconds later.

"Of course, I will!" I exclaim happily and he pulls me into a hug. "I knew that you were going to say yes," Andrew mutters smugly.

"Really? Because I heard that you were nervous I was going to say no." I tell him. Ariana said that he was freaking out about what my answer was going to be. I don't care, if I was a guy I would probably be doing the same thing.

"I'm going to strangle your friends." He murmurs into my head. He releases me from his hold and smiles. "So, where would you like to go, girlfriend?" He asks me.

"I don't know. I'm also really cold, want to go back to one of our dorms and chill out?" I ask him. I have goosebumps everywhere because of how cold it is out today. Being right next to the water didn't help my chills.

"Yeah, that works." He says while shrugging.

Eventually, we did get back and decided to go to his dorm room rather than mine. "Want to watch some Netflix?" He asks me and when I nod he pulls out his laptop.

We both sit on his bed and he pulls me into his side and puts the laptop in between the two of us and starts to bring up Netflix on it. "What do you want to watch?" He asks me while putting in his username and password.