chapter twenty | shopping

ANDREW DAVIS

It's now the day after Christmas and I am a little bit concerned about Alexis. She's been acting quite distant for the past day, while I'm sure it's nothing I don't want to assume that if something is wrong.

She went downstairs for a cup of coffee and said she would bring me one up since she would be down there anyway.

Soon enough Alexis comes back up to my room and places her cup of coffee on the nightstand next to one side of the bed, and my cup of coffee next to the side of the bed that I sleep on.

"Hey, baby c'mere," I tell her so her back is up to my front. She grabs her cup of coffee and takes sips of it slowly.

"I... I think that you were right." Alexis says, very vaguely. "About what?" I question her, not knowing what she is referring to.

"I think I should talk to a therapist. I mean I think that it might help." She tells me, making me feel better.

It makes me happier knowing that she is willing to talk to someone. "That's great, if you need I can help you find one," I tell her.

"If you can I really would appreciate it." She tells me quieter than usual. She seems tired, even having downed an entire mug of coffee in the last few minutes.

"How did you sleep, sweetheart?" I ask her, noticing her bags under her eyes and the droopiness of them. "Not goooood." She slurs out, telling me that she is about to fall asleep again. "Hey, hey I'm sorry baby but you can't go back to sleep right now," I tell her while maneuvering her so that she is sitting up more, but still leaning against my chest.

"Why not?" She whispers against my chest. "You and Lesley had plans to go shopping now that she has her.

"Mmm," She groans and rolls over a little bit to stand up. "Come here," I tell her turning and putting my legs off the side of the bed on the floor. "You don't have to go if you don't think you can," I tell her, knowing that sleep might be better for her right now.

"I'm so tired but I can't keep sleeping all day I don't know what's wrong with me." She says- although it comes out as more like a whine and I see a tear drip down her face.

"Nothing is wrong with you, okay? You are going through a tough time but you will pull through and I know that because you are a very strong person, okay?" I ask her, I don't care if I have to engrave it into her brain but she is strong and will get through this.

"I'm going to go with her." Alexis mumbles and I don't completely hear her. "Hm?" I ask, to clarify. "I'm going to go shopping with Lesley. I need to get out." Lex says after a minute.

"Okay. When are you guys leaving?" I ask her and she looks like she is thinking for a minute. "The same time we were supposed to leave. Still at around twelve-thirty-five." She tells me.

"Alright, well I'll be in here. You should get ready because that's not too far away." I tell her and she gets up to walk into the bathroom.

I grab my phone and text, Lesley, back that Alexis is going to come.

Lesley: Hey, I know that Alexis has been having a hard time does she still want to go shopping?

Andrew: Let me talk to her. She's really tired today so I am honestly just not sure.

Lesley: Alright, whatever is fine. Just let me know when you find out, please.

Andrew: Okay, she is up to coming she said just don't have her walk around too much, and if you think that she is tired take a break.