chapter seven | entreprenuer

ALEXIS MAXWELL

"So, do you know what kind of business and thing you want to create?" I ask Andrew, looking over at him with an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, I think I'll do a small business that's like an antique shop and post some of the inventory. Just create an Instagram account or something for it and find pictures to post." He tells me and pulls his phone out from his pocket.

"Yeah, that's a good idea I don't think that I would have thought of that honestly. Is that the only part of the project?" I ask him, he picks up the paper and reads it.

"No, there's one other part to it." He tells me and starts explaining it to me.

" I have to go to an actual business and find somewhere that would let me shoot a commercial ad for one of their products and give it to them." He says to me.

"That's weird. You are just giving them a free ad that would cost them thousands to get made the right way." I say in a weary voice.

"There are a few examples here, that I could go to but we all have to find different ones and claim them." He says.

"You could go now. If you want I can go with you and we could just go down San port avenue and find a business that accepts your idea." I propose to him, seeing if he likes my idea.

"That sounds like a good idea, want to go now?" He asks me. "Sure, give me like 15 minutes to put on some real clothes and I'll be ready," I tell him, grabbing an outfit and going into my bathroom.

I was wearing some Adidas leggings with a copper hoodie so I decided to put on some skinny jeans and leave the hoodie. I did a touch-up on my makeup, put on shoes, and walked out into the hallway where Andrew was standing.

"Are you ready to go yet?" I asked him joking. "Finally!" He carries out. "I thought you were going to change?" He fake questions and then proceeds to laugh at his joke while I just give him a death glare. He just puts his hands up in surrender and slowly backs away from me, "good girl, calm" He says, trying not to laugh at his joke again.

"Is this why you don't have a girlfriend because you couldn't find someone who finds you funny?" I question him, still with a glare on my face.

"Nothing, anyways so are we just going to walk and find a small business to do?" He asks me.

"Yeah, that sounds fine. If we can an antique store would be best since that's what yours is based on. Also, be extremely polite so more people are willing to let us do this in their store." I tell him while pointing a finger at him.

"Ok, but how am I supposed to edit a video if I don't know how to film or edit, exactly?" He asked me with a confused face on. "I know how to, I can teach you." I shrug at him nonchalantly.

"You know how to do everything, don't you?" He questions me, faking suspicion while raising an eyebrow. I giggled at that and then said, "of course not."

I then waited a few seconds and finished my sentence with a "just most things" he just narrowed his eyes at me as we turned to walk into a shop on the corner of the street. It's an antique shop called 'the artisan pad' where you can trade with other artists or buy from artists.

"Hello, Miss, I am looking for a Mrs. Saint Thomas and was wondering if you could please point me in her direction?" Andrew asked the woman standing at the front desk.

"That would be me, I'm the owner of this establishment. How can I help you?" She asked Andrew, wearily.

"I am a college senior at San Diego state university and I was wondering if you would let me shoot a video advertisement for your store? I need to create one for my entrepreneurship class and in trade, I would give you the non-watermark video for free." He tells the woman who looks to be having an internal debate.