𝟓

[ Y/n ]

"I'm going out to the library." I grabbed my jacket and Trevor came into the hall.

"Can you get me a book?" I looked back and nodded at him.

"Yeah love. What do you need?"

Trevor tapped his chin and then grinned.

"Paranormal horror."

I rolled my eyes and he came over, hugging me and then kissing the crown of my head. "I love you. I'll see you later." I said as I pulled away from his grasp.

"Love you too. Bring me back that book please!"

. . .

I headed straight for the cook books in the back of the library. They were limited to a small shelf in the farthest left corner of the library. Most of the books has missing pages or a mystery substance that could be vanilla or... Not.

I noticed a fresh cookbook on the shelf and grabbed it. French pastries?

I mean I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

I looked to see if there was anything else but it was a quick glance because I'd already read or owned the rest.

I tucked the book under my arm and turned around to head to the horror section.

Trevor always asks for paranormal horror. You'd think he'd get bored of it but I guess it's nostalgic for him or something... He loves to tell me about how something could never happen or how something else was basically based off of his life.

I walked into the horror section and looked around. Paranormal horror has a whole shelf. A real shelf and not a pitiful book cart.

I sighed and started to read the spines for something that looked interesting.

In the corner of my eye, something moved behind the shelf. I assumed it was a person on the other side and ignored it.

A book with a blue spine and no writing caught my eye as soon as I glanced at it. I reached for it and pulled it off the shelf.

The person on the other side was standing right in front of me. Their face covered by the pages of other books.

Their figure was obviously lanky but dressed in black sweats. Something just feels off about them.

The book slipped my mind and I leaned in a little closer. What an odd person.

The books slid apart and a horrifying burn face mask with blood stains stared at me. I jumped back but my arm was grabbed by the other person.

I cried out and struggled against them as they held onto me.

I tugged my arm and gasped as my wrist tore open.

Blood spilt onto the cold metal and and I finally ripped my arm away. I fell back onto the ground and held my arm.

Helena, the librarian, came running to my isle.

"Oh my god! What happened?!" I opened my mouth to tell her but when I looked back the person was gone.

. . .

Trevor looked over at me and smiled, putting a hand on my head and rubbing my hair. "They really should fix that... Broken metal is sharp."

"Trev, there was someone else there. They grabbed my arm. It wasn't a piece of metal, I know what I saw- I know what caused me to need fourteen stitches."

Trevor sighed and nodded.

"Ok... Do you want to report it..?"

"I already did... With the paramedics. Helena says I was the only person there at the time."

I stared out the window and held my arm, which was now wrapped in a bloody gauze.

No one seems to believe me. But I know there was someone else there. I... They did this to me!

Some broken shelf doesn't cut you so bad you need 14 stitches. And plus, you'd have to be insane to imagine something like another person grabbing you like that.

And I know I'm sane.

I mean... Am I?

"Trev... Do you believe me?"

He glanced over at me then back at the road.

"What? Are you asking me if I think you're crazy?"

I sighed and looked back out the window at the snow.

"A crazy person wouldn't ask if they're crazy... I believe you."

I nodded and took a deep breath. Trevor moved his hand down to my thigh and rubbed it. "Babe... Hey." I looked over at him and he smiled.

"You're not crazy. You filed a report, and we'll find that creep. Yeah? Don't worry. I'll protect you from now on."

I nodded and put a hand over his.

"Are you going to work?" He asked.

I shook my head and sighed.

"No, no. It's okay because we just hired a new couple. They're really sweet so it'll be fine. I'm just going to rest for a few days..."

Trevor nodded and stopped at a stop sign. He leaned over and kissed my temple, holding the back of my head.

"Maybe I'll take a few days off with you." He whispered.

I rolled my eyes and lightly pushed him, shaking my head. "Trevor... Go back to work already." I giggled.

Trevor laughed as well and turned back forward to face the road.

He continued driving and the smile slowly faded from my face.

That was such an... Odd experience.

I looked down at my arm and slowly ran my fingers over the bandage.

Who was that?