𝟗

[ Y/n ]

Spending all your time at home is pretty tiring. You'd really think it would be relaxing... It isn't.

I scrolled through my computer, looking for something to do. The news was boring... Except...

'WHO IS BEHIND THE BRUTAL MURDERS OF HALLOW'S CREEK?'

I opened the article and scrolled through it. It was all pretty boring honestly. Up until the sources. There was a link to a website that I mindlessly clicked.

As it loaded, a large warning opened on the screen. I stared at it, reading over the words.

'Warning: The following content includes graphic images not suitable for young audiences. View at your own risk.'

I clicked the x in the top right corner and my eye suddenly widened. On the screen was a gallery of... Disgusting images.

I bit my lip and looked away, this is too much.

I looked back and scrolled through the images.

I covered my mouth at the brutality of the scenes. You couldn't even... Tell that... Those were people.

Limbs dismembered and spread about, blood coating everything, obvious signs of struggle in some scenes, not much in others.

The killer used... Anything.

Screwdrivers, hammers, razor blades, knives, in one case even a chainsaw.

My stomach turned over and I got up, running to the bathroom. I threw up in the sink as I couldn't make it to the toilet.

I coughed and turned the faucet on. I filled a cup with water and chugged it, cringing at the taste of the vomit. I rinsed the sink out and grabbed a Clorox wipe to clean it down after.

I can't keep looking at that.

I can't handle things like that the same way Phoebe or Trevor could... They're both highly insensitive towards gruesome scenes.

I walked back into the kitchen and closed the tab out before shutting my computer and going to try and bake something to clear my head.

.  .  .

"This is delicious."

I nodded and poked at the meat in the stew. I don't know if I can do this... I can't eat it. Those images... I can't forget them.

"You ok?"

I looked up at Trevor and noticed a small stain on his cheek.

"What's that?"

He hummed and I reached over the table, running his face.

"Oh? That stain? It's nothing." He mumbled, brushing my hand off.

I gulped and sat back down. I pulled out my phone and opened the Hallow's Creek news.

There it is.

Another confirmed murder.

I glanced back up at Trevor and he stared at me.

"You don't look so good. I think you should go lay down."

I got up and ran to the bedroom, Trevor coming after me. "Y/n!"

"Get away from me!"

I shut the door and struggled to lock it as Trevor slammed his fists against the door. "TREVOR STOP!"

"LET ME IN!"

He kicked the door and I fell back, scooting away from him.

Trevor came in and I panted as I looked around for something to use. I reached under the bed for the gun but couldn't find it.

"Y/n. Stop it. Now. What is wrong with you?"

I shook my head as he got on his knees and slowly crawled towards me.

"Trevor- Get away from me!"

"Y/n... What's going on? What happened?"

"The stain on your cheek! What is it?!"

"Y/n... It's paint. I- I can show you what we're doing. I'm not an artist but they needed a color coded image of-"

"It's... Paint?"

"What else would it be?" He asked.

I started to tear up and I leaned forward, hugging Trevor. He hugged me back and kissed the side of my head. "Princess... What's gotten into you? Are you ok?"

"I'm scared Trevor... I- I went on this website and... It had the photos of the murders. I'm so scared. Who could do something like that?!"

He sighed and pulled away, placing his hand on the back of my head.

"It's okay... I'm scared too, but I'll protect you with my life. So you don't need to worry. Ok? Pinky promise."

I linked my pinky with his and he kissed the side of my head.