𝟕

[ Y/n ]

Trevor had the day off so we decided to go for a picnic. There's thick woods behind our house that we used to go into all the time.

It has this really beautiful opening in it that's great for picnics.

Trevor pretended to see a snake every couple of seconds because I'm paranoid of them.

"It's not funny! If you get bit you're dying." I said.

"Yes, because there are poisonous snakes in these woods." Trevor laughed.

"There could be!"

Trevor laughed some more and I rolled my eyes.

"Did you sleep well last night?" He asked.

I shrugged and grabbed his hand. "I slept normally. I don't know what going on with me recently... I think it's because I'm not working so I just don't know what to do with myself."

Trevor hummed and helped me over a fallen tree.

"Thank you, sir." I giggled.

Trevor smiled and I looked at the small grassy field.

The trees around us were bare but they were calm and beautiful.

Trevor laid the blanket out and I sat down. "It's been so long since we've been here..."

I nodded and opened the basket.

"Okay. First."

I pulled out two sandwiches and some fruits I'd cut out to look cute. Trevor thanked me and started eating the sandwich.

"Do you think anyone else knows about this place?" I asked.

Trevor chewed and thought for a moment.

"Uhh... Probably not." He mumbled.

I started to eat as well and admired the scenery. Trevor shifted and laid me in his lap. I smiled and took another bite of the sandwich.

Trevor seemed to be deep in thought and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking about. He had this... Look.

Almost malicious.

"Trev?"

He looked down at me and his expression softened.

"Sorry... Thinking about work. There's some equations I keep fucking up and I... I don't know what I'm doing wrong." He muttered.

I sat up and moved behind him.

Trevor laid back and sighed. I started rubbing his shoulders, watching as he relaxed into my touch.

"You're getting caught up again. This is what today is for. Just you and me... Stop looking at it as one big problem and look at it slowly one by one. Write it out. You don't need to always do these things in your head."

Trevor hummed and looked over at my arm.

He brought his hand up and grabbed the area I had wrapped.

"I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"What?"

He looked up at me and furrowed his brows.

"I didn't say anything."

I shook my head and pulled my arm away.

"You did- Just now. You said- You said you didn't mean to hurt me."

Trevor sat up and put a hand out.

"Baby, I promise I didn't say anything... Did I hurt you?"

I slowly grabbed his hand and laughed.

"Uh... Sorry... Must be the cold. I thought... No, no. You didn't hurt me. Maybe I should just go lay down."

I got up and Trevor looked at me.

"I'll clean up..." He said.

I nodded and walked back towards the house.

He said it. I know he did. It was his voice. Plus, where else could it have come from? But what does that mean?

Did he do it? Did he...

Trevor wouldn't...

But what if he did.

What if Trevor was the man with the mask on?

No. Trevor is my husband. I know him. He's kind and gentle. For fucks sake, he's a math nerd! He couldn't hurt a fly.

I opened the back door and walked towards our bedroom.

I just need a nap...