𝟏𝟖

[ Y/n ]

"I'm sorry. I'm done." I handed my apron in and scratched my hand. "But... I can't do this alone... We've been working together for 10 years-"

I turned around and left before she could finish. I got in my car and headed down to the most recent crime scene. A psychiatrist? Seriously?

I'm not fucking crazy.

Everyone else is crazy for not seeing what's right fucking here.

I stopped on the curb and grabbed the camera out of my bag. I took a quick glance around before turning my car off and getting out.

I walked up to the front door and let myself in. It smells... Horrific.

But I can't back out now.

I walked in and started taking photos of everything. The bloodstains, the holes in the walls, the broken glass covered in blood.

All of it.

I went from room to room and looked at everything I could. The smell soon became bearable and I was stuck looking at all of it.

It seemed so-

"Y/n?"

I turned and Trevor stared at me.

"T- What are you doing here?!"

"Me?!"

He grabbed my arm and I pushed him off of me. "No. I'm not finished yet."

I walked past him and opened the back door, going into the yard. "Y/n. This is illegal."

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I- I thought you'd be here... Mel said you quit- But that's not the point. Why are you fucking here?"

I could tell he was getting mad but I was too busy looking in the shed.

Trevor grabbed me around my waist and I struggled against him. "GET OFF!"

He put a hand over my mouth and I struggled harder until I got free. I fell into the ground and grabbed a rock. As Trevor bent down to grab me again I closed my eyes and swiped at him with it.

There was almost immediately dripping onto my cheek and I opened my eyes.

Trevor stood up and put his hand up to his forehead.

I dropped the rock and stood up. "Trevor- Oh my god. I'm so sorry. I-"

He grabbed me and pulled me out of the yard and then out of the house. He grabbed my keys from my pocket and unlocked my car.

I got in the passenger seat and Trevor got in the drivers seat. I wiped his blood off my cheek and looked over at him.

"I'm so sorry."

He looked over at me and there was a lump in my throat.

"You... Are not ok." He whispered with tears in his eyes.

I wiped my eyes and grabbed his hand. "I- I'm sorry. I swear I'll... I'll take the pills and- and go to therapy. Please don't leave. I love you so much."

I kissed his hand and he wiped some tears off of his cheek.

"I'm not leaving. I can't leave you like this. And I love you." He smiled pitifully and I burst into tears, shaking my head.

"I don't know what happened to me. I can't let this stuff go and- And sometimes I think you're the killer and-"

"Don't ever say that again."

The entire mood shifted and I stared at Trevor. His knuckles were paper white and his jaw was clenched.

"B-b-but it's not real... I'm... I'm just crazy... Right?"

"OF COURSE YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY! DON'T SAY IT AGAIN!"

I jumped and turned away from him, staring out the window.

Trevor started the car and drove back off towards the house.

. . .

I walked inside and immediately went into our room. I laid down and closed my eyes. Just stop shaking. Stop thinking about it...

Stop thinking about it...

Please stop thinking about it.

I hit myself in the head and listened to Trevor outside the room.

Why would he react like that?

He did it. All of it. You know that. You've always known that.

No. No, stop.

It's always been Trevor. You just don't want to accept that.

Stop thinking like this! It's not true! Trevor is- He's nice and he's nerdy! And he's friends with everyone.

I put a pillow over my head and closed my eyes to try and force myself to sleep.