𝟐𝟏

[ Y/n ]

I stared at my laptop and then back at the ingredients I had laid out. Just a plain white cake? That's just so-

The back door slid open and I jolted around.

The wind blew the curtains around and I turned back to the counter. I grabbed a knife and slowly walked over to the door.

Someone grabbed my ankle and pulled my legs out from under me. I fell hard on my rib cage and started gasping for air.

The knife had slide across the floor, just barely out of reach.

I crawled to get it but was pulled back. I rolled over and the figure grabbed my neck. Kicking at them as hard as I could, they stumbled back from me.

I got up and ran for the front door.

It opened and I ran into Trevor. He fell back and I landed on top of him. "Y/n! Damnit! What the fuck?!"

I sobbed and turned around. "No! No!" I got up and ran to the back door. No, I'm not crazy. I searched the yard for the figure but there was no one.

Trevor grabbed me and I turned quickly, grabbing his wrist.

"He was here! It- My throat, don't you see?!"

Trevor looked down at the knife on the ground then at the open back door.

I grabbed his face and made him look at me.

"Me. Me, Trevor. Please listen to me."

Trevor studied my face and bit his lip before nodding.

He bent down and picked the knife up, putting it on the counter.

"Trevor. I was making a cake and then the back door opened. I turned but I- I didn't see anyone s-so I grabbed the knife and..."

"Breathe. Can't you hear yourself Y/n? Did you fall? You're wheezing."

"LISTEN!"

Trevor backed away a little and I grabbed the counter to stabilize myself. "Trevor listen to me. I am telling you... He grabbed me and I fell on my ribs."

Trevor looked down at the ground and I could tell he didn't believe me.

"He was choking me, Trevor please listen." I whispered desperately.

Trevor looked up at me and lifted my shirt up. There was a large bruise on my abdomen that he studied for a moment.

"A shadow man did this to you? Someone... No one else has seen?"

I shook my head and grabbed his arm.

"Trevor the killer. He wants me. I don't know why but he wants to hurt me."

Trevor licked his lips and shut the back door.

He walked away and I watched as he left. He stopped and I tried not to cry so loudly.

"Y/n... I don't know how to help you."

"Please, Trevor. You said you'd always protect me. Please protect me."

"HOW?! YOU THINK I HAVEN'T FUCKING RACKED MY BRAIN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW? Y/N I DON'T FUCKING KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE- YOU ARE LOSING YOUR FUCKING MIND AND I AM SCARED SHITLESS."

I stared at him and Trevor loosened his tie.

"You think I'm crazy..."

Trevor rubbed his face and then looked at me for a moment. He turned and left the room, shutting our bedroom door behind him.

I leaned back against the wall and held my head as I cried.

Am I crazy?

There was a tap at the window and I slowly looked over.

The figure held a photo of Trevor and I and slowly ripped it down the middle. I screamed and he immediately turned and ran, hopping the fence and disappearing into the woods.

I waited for Trevor to come back. To ask what happened and comfort me. To tell me I'm safe with him.

But he didn't come.

I just sat on the floor alone, struggling for air and trembling too much to pick myself up.

I just wish you would believe me, Trevor.

Why don't you fucking believe me?