𝟐𝟎

[ Y/n ]

Maybe it's been weeks. Months. Years even... Since I've left my spot in bed. Trevor comes in and out. He checks up on me and occasionally we have sex.

But I haven't left the bed for a very long time.

I turned the tv on and watched the news to try and catch myself up. Trevor hasn't said anything about any murders...

Stop.

I sleepily watched the channels as I pressed the up button to change it.

"-murder-"

I sat up and went back to the channel.

"It's honestly just a waiting game. He thinks he's smarter but... We have a lot. And we're going to get him soon. Just please keep living as you are. Don't go out past curfew, lock all doors and windows, check your backseats and trunks when getting in your car. Be safe."

Another murder?

Or just a PSA?

No. No, I can feel it. I know it happened again.

It happened again and it could've been anyone. Who was it this time? What if it was Mel? Don't think like that. Damn.

I scratched my hand and bit my lip as I anticipated going back to the website to check.

Trevor isn't home... Plus one little peek wouldn't hurt... Right? No.

No, I can't. I can't do that to Trevor. I've been making progress.

I changed the channel and laid down again, closing my eyes and trying to force myself to sleep.

I can't.

I can't do that to him.

The door opened and I slowly peeked out from under the sheets. Trevor groaned and unbuttoned his shirt. "I'm so fucking tired of this piece of junk!"

I sat up and he looked over at me.

"Oh... I didn't think you were home."

"What piece of junk?"

He sighed and scratched his head. "The new rover... It's just a lump of scrap metal and wasted money and time. It's fucking broke but no they insist and insist and insist it'll work."

I nodded and he sat on the bed.

We sat in silence for a moment before Trevor spoke up again.

"I love you more than life itself... Please shower."

I laid back down and Trevor got up. He walked over and grabbed me, lifting me out of bed. I held onto him as he carried my to the bathroom.

There's a big scratch hidden under those curls. If the wind blows just right or you look at the right angle you can see it.

I did that to him.

He turned the faucet on and I watched as the bathtub filled with water.

Trevor pulled the shirt off of me and then slipped my underwear off.

"If you hadn't been laying in bed for six days straight I'd totally be all over you right now."

"Thank you Trevor."

He nodded and turned the faucet off. I slowly got in and he left the bathroom. I could see him taking the sheets off the bed to wash them.

Six days?

Only six days?

It's felt like an eternity.

I sat in the water and watched the steam rise. I heard the washing machine start and Trevor came back into the bathroom.

He sat down next to the tub and stared at me.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head and shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm just so fucking tired."

He nodded and rubbed my hair. "I'll make dinner tonight."

"God please no..."

He laughed and I smiled a little. Should I tell him? Tell him I want to go on the website? I need to go on the website?

"Has there been any new murders?"

Trevor glanced at me and grabbed the soap. "No..."

Is he lying?

Why would he lie to me?

I slouched back further into the water and Trevor adjusted to continue. "Have you been talking to the therapist?" He asked.

"I'm too tired."

Trevor sighed and looked down, I leaned my head against the wall and he tapped a finger against the tub.

"Y/n I need you to try... Just try."

I nodded and looked down at his hand.

"Ok, Trevor... I'll do better."