𝟏𝟕

[ Y/n ]

I sat at the work bench, sketching out a cake. Maybe being back at work will help me be less paranoid.

I mindlessly swatted the fly away by my head and sighed.

I looked back over at the email and then at the paper. I crumpled it up and grabbed a fresh sheet.

Buzz... Buzz... Buzzzzzz...

"FUCK!"

I turned and my eyes widened.

There were flies everywhere. In the food, the equipment, the vents.

Everywhere.

I ran out of the door and into Melanie.

"Y/n!"

"What happened?! Did something go bad?! You were changing the food in the display case right?!"

She stared at me and slowly backed away. "Yes... Every morning like we always do... Y/n, are you ok?"

I pointed back towards the workroom and opened my mouth to say something. I stopped and took a few breaths. I looked around and opened the door.

There was a fly.

But only one.

. . .

I got out of my car and jumped. "Fuck." A crow was sitting on the mailbox, staring at me.

"Shoo-"

It screeched and I jumped again.

I swatted the bird away but another came and landed on the car. I looked up and saw crows sitting the the roofs and ran inside.

"Hey."

I stopped and Trevor set down his screwdriver.

"Hi... There's some birds outside." I sighed as I took my scarf off and put it on the rack.

"Yeah I've seen some..."

I took my jacket off and avoided his gaze. "You're home early." I commented.

"Yeah... Uh Mel called me actually."

I stopped and sniffled before walking into the kitchen.

"Y/n... Did you grab her?"

"I got an email saying she served someone bad food. That can't happen it's no-"

"You really scared her you know..."

I turned to him and put my hand on the counter. "Trevor imagine if one of your guys just so happened to forget a very important screw on your pretty little rover. And you send it up there to Mars... And it doesn't work. That's what this is like for me."

He nodded and looked over at something. I glanced over as well and scoffed. "No." The man stood up and smiled softly at me.

"Y/n, I'm Dr. Webster, I'm a psychiatrist."

I shook my head and looked back at Trevor.

"Abso-fucking-lutely not. No."

"Please just talk to him Y/n/n... For me..."

I shook my head and walked over to the door. "Sorry to waste your time but get out."

"Unfortunately I can't. You're required by law to speak with me for at least 90 minutes." He held up a paper and I looked at him then back at Trevor who had a guilty look on his face.

"I thought we were a fucking team."

"We are. But you're not ok, Y/n. You're not yourself."

"Fuck you."

I walked out back and the doctor followed me.

I sat down and he sat in front of me. I watched Trevor sit back down inside and scoffed.

"So... Mrs. Spengler... Have you been seeing things?"