Curtains Blowing

"I Imprinted."

"What like a duck?"

When the pack arrived they found Sam sitting on the porch, his hands shaking

"You broke up with Leah?" Ms. Uley was the first one to address her son. "Oh honey why? I thought you loved her?"

"I do." He hiccuped , blubbering like a baby.

Jared, Paul and Azazel all looked at each other awkwardly, not sure how to handle the scene and not sure if they should. "I'm gonna... go for a walk." Azazel mumbled.

"Me too."

"Me three."

Ms. Uley watched the three of them leave and shook her head. She would talk with them later but right now... right now she had her baby to comfort.

~~~~

"You okay?"

Azazel lifted her head to look at Jared. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well... Leah kicked your ass?"

Azazel snorted in disbelief at his statement. She could understand his point of view nonetheless and in a brief moment of decisiveness she chose to shrug. There was no need to correct his statement.

As wrong as it was.

Jared lifted an eyebrow misinterpreting her expression. "There's blood on your face." He pointed out, his face still coated in concern.

"Not my blood."

"You didn't lift a hand. How is the blood not yours?" Paul snapped intent to embarrass Azazel. Something told her he still was sour that he hadn't managed to as Jared says "Kick her ass".

"Humans are much more fragile than us. Let's just say they can't physically harm us." As she said it she could sense the danger her words could cause in Paul. "But that doesn't mean we can't largely damage them." 

Paul's lips curled in recognition of the subtle threat but he did not argue against her. Even as she sent him off on his patrol his only genuine argument was a eye roll.

Without much else prompt her mind wandered as she walked with Jared to the beach. A path easily memorized by this point. The ice cold water beckoned to her as it always did and she sighed running a hand over her face and tilted her head up the sky. The sun had set long ago and she looked to their only source of light in the darkness.

The moon.

Thinking of another human. One living in a house full of monsters.

Did she know they were monsters?

Did she look at them with those doe brown wide eyes, full of trust?

Did she hate Azazel for what had been taken from her?