Ms. Uley

"SHE'S FIFTEEN AND HOMELESS!"

"Sammy you fucking snitch."

"You know

"You know...." Azazel started her sentence chewing on her bottom lip, "It's really not a problem." She finally said peeling off the woman who had sobbed into her shoulder. "Ms. Uley, please stop crying," she asked for what felt like the fifth time that hour.

An hour ago she had brought Sam home, an hour ago she had been making sure that Ms. Uley and Sam had their proper reunion but somewhere it all went wrong the moment Sam went upstairs to take a shower to wear actual clothes and get all of those twigs out of his hair.

The moment Sam came downstairs with his hair wrapped in a towel was the moment Azazel finally managed to get the sobbing woman off her. "Mom... I'm here now." Sam soothed as kindly as he could while Azazel stood as far away from Ms. Uley as possible.

"And here he's gonna stay." Azazel assures the woman while shooting another threatening stare Sam's way, in case he thought about running away again.

"Is there anything I can do to repay you?" Ms. Uley finally asked clutching onto her son.

Azazel shook her head reaching down to pick up her bag when Sam's sudden declaration and Allison's sudden wail stopped her in her tracks.

"SHE'S FIFTEEN AND HOMELESS!"

"Sammy you fucking snitch."

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Another two hours later and Azazel was sitting on the couch with a blanket tucked around her legs and Sam sitting on the small chair a cup of tea in his hands. "Your mom's really nice." She murmured laying down watching Sam carefully as he kept tracing the rim of the cup. "Maybe this is why your dad left you? He was scared of hurting you?"

She tried to reassure but judging by Sam's sudden jump to his feet and the cup shattering in his grip and his body vibrating what she had said instead had only lit a flare under his ass. "What the hell do you know?"

"Nothing! Calm the fuck down. You're gonna shift again." She hissed "It's like you're the Hulk now, okay Banner. We just gotta get your anger under control." it wasn't until he was sitting down that she realized she had a hand on his pulse and another on his shoulder calming him down. When did she even stand up?

She had always prided herself on quick responses and on even sharper wit but for some reason the fact that her actions hadn't seemed to catch up with the speed of her mind unnerved her. Here , with her actions faster than her mind it wasn't a problem as she was being kind. Soothing.

But what if her anger flared....

"It's just so much." He whimpered and for once Azazel was glad to be in this world because seeing these fears, this sadness across his young innocent face.... just imagining him going through this by himself, was heartbreaking.