Officer Burke

"I had this handled!"

"You got arrested!

"Dan?" Bella's eyes are wide when she sees Azazel in the back of the car, and the cuffs around her wrist

"Dan?" Bella's eyes are wide when she sees Azazel in the back of the car, and the cuffs around her wrist. "What happened?"

"Oh I'm a suspect." Azazel dismisses the words easily. Although Azazel is more focused on the fact that Bella smells like she drenched her whole body in perfume. The smell stings her nose.

A sign of a vampire.

Azazel is certain that there's a vampire in that hospital. And even worse, that vampire touched Bella.

Bella's jaw drops as she looks to her father in shock still unable to believe that her father arrested Azazel . "Dad!"

"Bells! She-" Charlie Swan sputtered gesturing helplessly which made absolutely no sense and instead just made his keys jangle noisily. After watching the esteemed chief of Police falter at an explanation that made sense Azazel decided to save the floundering man.

"Look it was him or the creep with the goatee. Honestly Baby Bird. It's a hell of a lot better being arrested by your dad than by the Goatee."

"Is she talking about Officer Burke?" Bella turned to her father in curiosity as he nodded but still looked uncomfortable as he drove back to the station to drop off the "Suspect". Azazel might not have noticed that her dad's mustache was twitching but she did. "Dad.... why do I feel like something bad is going to happen to Dan?"

From behind her she could hear Azazel sit up in interest, the cuffs on her wrist clinking together. "Chief Swan? Does Baby Bird have a point?" And in the few months that he's known her, this is the first time he'd ever heard the girl sound nervous.

"Well.... Officer Burke will be conducting your investigation."

"But he's a fucking moron!"

~~~~~~~~

Azazel lifted her head off the metal of the table looking up at the clock wondering how much time has passed since the interrogation started. She could swear her hair was turning white with age with how much of her life was being wasted away in the interrogation room.

An hour.

Really? Only an hour has passed since Chief Swan and Bella dropped her off at the station. Chief Swan said he would be back as soon as possible and Bella told her that she'd force her father to come back because in Bella's words,

"Officer Burke would make her want to throw a chair at him."

Which made the Chief sigh about how Azazel was possibly a bad influence on Bella.