Chapter 1: Rebirth

The snow continued to fall, its silent descent a relentless barrage upon the earth. It had been a long time since the restoration of the Xia Dynasty. The entire world was covered in snow.

A few crows appeared out of nowhere, dark wings flapping as they flew across the sky towards the tallest palace in the capital city, becoming the only apparent living creatures in this quiet world.

"Sister!" The young emperor dressed in the imperial robe cried. Tears streamed down his face as he was filled with grief. The person whom he addressed as 'Sister' was the most legendary Eldest Princess of the Great Xia Dynasty, Xia Wanyuan.

"Don't cry." The face of the woman lying on the bed was pale, but the gentleness in her eyes could not be hidden. Even though she had been bedridden for many days, her words still carried undeniable strength. Perhaps it was ingrained within her, having held a high position for a long time.

"I have taught you whatever I could. You must treat the loyal officials well and take good care of Xiao Yu and Xiao Qiao."

Upon seeing Xia Wanyuan trying her best to raise her hand, the Xia Emperor reached out to hold her immediately. A smile appeared on Xia Wanyuan's face. She glanced at her younger brother, who had grown into a man with a kingly air, and her younger siblings, who were crying in front of her bed.

"It is time for me to go." With the limited strength she had remaining, Xia Wanyuan could no longer speak. She paused for a moment. "I will hand the Xia Dynasty over to you."

Saying those words had depleted all of her strength. Xia Wanyuan gradually closed her eyes. The cries grew louder, but it seemed to not bother her anymore. Eventually, the sounds faded into the distance gradually.

The eldest princess of the Xia Dynasty, Xia Wanyuan, who brought up the Xia Emperor single-handedly, recruited all the talents in the world and laid a solid foundation for the Great Tian Yuan era, had passed away in the fifth year of Tian Yuan.

The Xia Emperor held a state funeral and buried the Eldest Princess in the Imperial Mausoleum. From then on, the most beautiful Eldest Princess was sealed in history.

5

The evening sun shone on the villa that was located halfway up the mountain. Through the huge French windows, the sunlight shone on the face of the woman in the house. A gentle breeze blew past, causing the wind chimes to tinkle.

Seemingly disturbed by the sound of the wind chimes, the woman on the bed frowned. Her eyelashes fluttered twice before she finally opened her eyes slowly, revealing a pair of glass-like eyes. However, there was a look of confusion in her eyes.

The woman on the bed remained in this motionless position for about half an hour. If not for the flickering of her big eyes, others would have thought that she had fallen asleep again.

After digesting the newfound memories in her head, Xia Wanyuan took a deep breath. She raised her hand and pinched her arm. It hurt a little, and she finally accepted that what was happening to her was true.

1

She, who had clearly died, had somehow come back to life. It was just that the current her was reborn in the body of a woman, who had the same name as her, a thousand years later.

This Xia Wanyuan, who was born a thousand years later, was also from a wealthy family. However, the way she did things was reckless and wild. She had a gathering with a group of friends the previous night, and she became so drunk that the chauffeur had to send her home.

Speaking of which, it was quite pathetic. Even though she was surrounded by people outside, nobody noticed that she had been poisoned by alcohol after the bustle. Not long after being helped onto the bed by the nanny, the original owner of the body lost consciousness. Unfortunately, no matter how she struggled, no one came to save her. When she opened her eyes again, this body had already been occupied by a soul from a thousand years past.