Chapter 18: Gifting Words

"Since I borrowed your paper, I gifted you three characters in return." Xia Wanyuan's eyelashes curled, and the sunlight cast a glow in her eyes.

"I can't tell." Jun Shiling stared intently at the three words on the paper. As he was also somewhat proficient in calligraphy, he could tell that the strokes on the paper had their own unique charm and vigor. It was a rarity.

Jun Shiling looked deeply into Xia Wanyuan's eyes and finally nodded, revealing a look of certainty.

"It's well written."

"Thank you for your praise." Xia Wanyuan's smile widened.

"Old Master, what do you think?"

Unknowingly, Old Master Jun had woken up and was standing by the window, looking at the two of them.

"What opinions can I have?" Old Master sighed deeply. "Ah Ling's parents passed away early and have been alone since young. I am already old, I don't even know when I am going to..."

Hearing Old Master's words, Uncle Liu immediately replied, "Old Master, don't say that. You are still in great health."

"Sigh, I just feel bad for this grandson of mine. He doesn't have anyone by his side."

"Miss Xia seems to be very different from what the rumors say. Didn't the master say so back then? She is a blessing of the Young Master's."

The old man sighed as he looked at the couple under the sunlight.

"I hope so."

After Xiao Bao woke up, Jun Shiling went back with his men. After they left, Old Master looked at the door for a while before turning back to the courtyard.

"Master, the wind is blowing. Let me bring everything back inside." Uncle Liu started to collect the paper and brush on the table.

"Hold on."

The old man seemed to have seen something strange as he stared intently at the words on the table.

Uncle Liu tilted his head to take a look. He was a layman, but he could tell that this piece of calligraphy was written with great vigor.

"What is this?" Uncle Liu was shocked. "Miss Xia wrote this just now."

"Great! Words contain the essence of a person. It looks like I've underestimated Xia Wanyuan."

The more Old Master considered the text, the more he felt that this piece of calligraphy was well written. He was amazed. After looking at it for a while, he finally raised his hand to signal for Uncle Liu.

"Xiao Liu, send these words to the manor."

The old man looked at it reluctantly and finally made up his mind.

"Yes, Old Master."

After sending Xia Wanyuan and Xiao Bao back to the apartment, Jun Shiling returned to the manor alone. The car drove in slowly and he looked at the flowers, plants, and pavilions outside.

It was a place that he had lived in for more than twenty years, but this was the first time Jun Shiling felt that his place was too spacious.

In his mind, he couldn't help but think of the person he had seen outside the window. Under the morning sun and surrounded by flowers and plants, the side profile of hers was as if illuminated by light.

Four marble pillars supported the four corners of the big house and the bright crystal lights emitted a dazzling light.

After taking off his suit, Jun Shiling sat on the sofa and closed his eyes. He had never liked crowds since he was young, so there were very few people in the manor who would appear beside him unless it was necessary.