Chapter 3: Little Master Is Not Coming Back

"Mommy, I'm done washing my hands."

After washing his tiny hands, the little dumpling skipped his way over to Xia Wanyuan and stared at her with his large eyes.

In the past, Xia Wanyuan hated it whenever he addressed her as 'Mommy'. However, because she was exceptionally gentle today, he couldn't help it. Would his mother scold him like before?

Upon hearing the little dumpling's voice and seeing the careful look in his eyes, Xia Wanyuan smiled gently and pacified him, "Then come and eat with me."

"Okay!"

Xiao Bao was overjoyed. His fair little hand carefully grabbed Xia Wan Yuan's hand and sat beside her.

"Have some meat and some vegetables."

Xiao Bao buried his head in his bowl, his chubby cheeks bulging like a little hamster as he ate the food Xia Wanyuan had given him.

1

Under the light, Xia Wanyuan, who was helping herself with the food, looked exceedingly gentle and quiet. She had an aura that made people calm down. If not for her appearance, everyone would have thought that she was somebody else.

Looking at the harmonious atmosphere between the two of them, the servants felt emotional. Although Little Master grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth, Young Master was too busy and Miss Xia never cared about him. This child was actually quite pitiful.

The happy and innocent look on him was just like how a three-year-old child should be.

Estimating a child's appetite, Xia Wanyuan knew that he would be full after eating a bowl of rice. She then got someone to clear away the food.

In her previous life, when she was busy recruiting talents, she often had to skip meals. This caused Xia Wanyuan to suffer from severe gastric problems. Hence, after she had returned to the court and settled down, she developed the habit of taking a stroll after meals.

Before she entered the villa, she had taken a glance at the surroundings. The courtyard that the villa came with was much smaller than the imperial garden in her previous life, but it was still large enough for a walk.

"It's good for your health to take a walk after dinner. Let's go for a walk and then come back to shower and sleep, okay?"

"Alright!"

Given his luck today, Xiao Bao would agree to anything Xia Wanyuan said. He looked at Xia Wanyuan with his big eyes that were filled with trust and adoration.

Pinching Xiao Bao's adorable little face, Xia Wanyuan put on her coat before helping him to put on his. Then, she led him to the courtyard.

The courtyard in front of the villa was about the size of a football field. The well-groomed flower bed emitted waves of soft fragrance and the occasional chirping of insects could be heard.

Xia Wanyuan strolled slowly with Xiao Bao. The gentle breeze caressed her face, making her feel pleasant.

From time to time, Xiao Bao would look up at Xia Wanyuan. Feeling Xiao Bao's dependence on her, Xia Wanyuan's heart softened. She pulled Xiao Bao to the swing set in the courtyard and hugged him.

"Mommy, there are so many stars today!" Xiao Bao leaned into Xia Wanyuan's embrace. The smell of his mother made him feel extremely blessed.

"Well, of course. Do you know what star that is?"

Following Xia Wanyuan's finger, Xiao Bao saw an especially bright star shining in the sky.

"I know, Mommy. My teacher taught me that it's called Polaris."