Chapter 5: Negotiation

The Xia family was considered a wealthy family in China. However, compared to the Jun family, which had accumulated wealth for generations and had close ties with the military and political world, they were worlds apart.

1

Jun Shiling, on the other hand, was the most outstanding person in power in the Jun family in recent years. Young and promising, he was known for being decisive in his actions. Because his parents had passed away in a car accident when he was young, he had been living with his grandfather, who was the previous head of the Jun family.

Four years ago, the Old Master had stepped down and handed over the huge Jun family to Jun Shiling. Jun Shiling had lived up to expectations and successfully brought the Jun family to its most prominent period. Although the Jun family had always kept a low profile, no one dared to offend the Jun family, especially families with power and wealth.

Logically speaking, it was impossible for a young lady like Xia Wanyuan to be associated with a large family like the Jun family. It all started four years ago when the Old Master handed over his authority to Jun Shiling in a large banquet where he had invited all wealthy families.

Xia Wanyuan had heard of the power and influence of the Jun family. She, who had always been arrogant, had noticed Jun Shiling's talent and status. Thus, she had the idea of using Jun Shiling to become the young madam of the Jun family. Thus, she spent a large sum of money to bribe the hotel staff to ask about where Jun Shiling stayed.

She then successfully drugged him and found her way to his room, where they spent the night together. How could a man like Jun Shiling allow himself to be set up by someone else? In a fit of anger, he caused Xia family's business to collapse once.

1

Perhaps it was Xia Wanyuan's luck. After that night, Xia Wanyuan actually got pregnant with Jun Shiling's child. She secretly carried the child until it was three months old, then mustered up the courage to look for the Old Master.

By that time, the Old Master was nearing the end of his lifespan. To the elderly, wealth was no longer important. Being able to see the continuation of his bloodline was his greatest hope. He immediately sent people to investigate what had happened. Although he was extremely disgusted by the fact that his grandson had been set up, Xia Wanyuan was indeed pregnant with Jun Shiling's child.

5

At that time, Priest Zhang, whom Old Master Jun highly respected, visited the Jun family as a guest. After seeing Xia Wanyuan's appearance, he immediately told the Old Master that Xia Wanyuan and Jun Shiling were fated to be together.

When the Old Master heard this, even though he didn't like Xia Wanyuan's method of doing things, he forced Jun Shiling to marry her to give a proper status to the child of the Jun family.

Xia Wanyuan had wanted to use this child to become the madam of the Jun family, but she didn't expect Jun Shiling to have no intention of disclosing her identity even after she had given birth. Other than a few people, no one else knew who the madam of the Jun family was.

1

Xia Wanyuan had also been informed by Jun Shiling that if she dared to publicize her relationship with the Jun family, she would bear the consequences herself.

Initially, Xia Wanyuan wanted to test Jun Shiling's bottom line. However, after witnessing Jun Shiling's ruthless methods, even someone as ostentatious as her didn't dare to publicize her relationship with the Jun family. No matter how arrogant she was, she was still afraid of death.