Chapter 19: Pick Somebody Up

The next morning, Xia Wanyuan sent a chauffeur to pick up Xia Yu.

Worried that his pink hair would affect the little dumpling's innocent view of the world, Xia Yu went to the hair salon to dye his hair before he arrived at the house. With his soft black hair, Xia Yu looked more youthful.

He didn't bring much luggage as Xia Wanyuan had already prepared the basic necessities for his daily life. Once he arrived, she brought Xia Yu around the house.

"Nanny Li has already tidied up the room on the first floor. You can stay in that room."

"Oh." Xia Yu stuck his head out and measured the renovation of the house with his eyes. He then thought about the superior location and couldn't help but be amazed.

"Hey, this is for you." Xia Yu handed Xia Wanyuan a card.

"What?" Xia Wanyuan raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"You know, that man didn't give me much money a month. There's not much left. I'll give it to you every month from now on."

Xia Yu pursed his lips nonchalantly. "Consider it my living expenses. I don't want to be eating braised chicken every meal."

A flash of amusement crossed Xia Wanyuan's expression. He must have seen the comments online and was worried that she was poor, so he gave her the bank card.

She pushed the card in front of her back.

"I'm not that poor."

"Hmph, forget it if you don't want it. You're so stubborn." Xia Yu felt a little embarrassed after being rejected, but he felt that Xia Wanyuan was being stubborn for not accepting the money.

After all, the Xia family was now bankrupt and had no more money for her to squander. Speaking of which, even though Xia Wanyuan was married to a big shot, based on his understanding of Jun Shiling, if Xia Wanyuan died on the streets, Jun Shiling wouldn't even spare her a glance.

"Alright, let's go and eat first. I'm going to the south to film tomorrow. You can stay here."

After lunch, Xiao Bao took a nap. Xia Wanyuan leaned on the balcony and looked at the butterfly orchids by the window.

"Why did you bring me back? Didn't you always treat me like air?"

Now that there was no one around, Xia Yu finally asked the question he had been hiding in his heart for the past few days.

"I'm your sister." Xia Wanyuan turned around and smiled at Xia Yu. "Besides, you're a kind child."

She wasn't a saint who would save anyone she saw. Xia Yu wasn't a bad child. She was only willing to help him because he lacked someone to care for him.

Xia Yu looked at Xia Wanyuan in disbelief. He was kind? The devil incarnate was kind? People in Beijing would laugh to death if they heard that.

However, hearing Xia Wanyuan's words, Xia Yu could not deny that his heart was filled with joy. "I would have believed you when I was three years old. What is your real motive?"

"My motive is to find a toy for Xiao Bao, is that reason enough?" Xia Wanyuan laughed. "Go and unpack your luggage. Don't expect others to unpack for you."

2

With that said, Xia Wanyuan waved her hand to dismiss Xia Yu. She didn't want to argue with a child.