Chapter 27: Returning to Beijing

Xia Wanyuan blushed, feeling somewhat embarrassed. Fortunately, Jun Shiling stopped talking on the other end of the line.

"Goodnight, Mommy." Xiao Bao yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Good night."

Everything returned to normal. However, only the person involved knew how much emotional turmoil there was that night.

Unexpectedly, in the following week, Ruan Yingyu did not do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, she and Xia Wanyuan could be said to have minded their own business.

Ever since Jun Shiling had seen Xia Wanyuan dance last time, Jun Shiling had intentionally avoided Xiao Bao and her whenever they had a video call.

"How is Xia Yu now?"

Jun Shiling finally thought of Xia Yu, who had been thrown into the finance department.

"It's not going well for him."

In the finance department, Xia Yu was in a deadlock with a middle-aged man. Ever since the incident at the canteen, the suspicions towards Xia Yu had subsided.

People were often afraid of the unknown. Now that Xia Yu's identity was clear and everyone knew that he was a bankrupt child of the Xia family, their attitude towards him naturally changed.

"Xiao Xia, help me print this."

"Xiao Xia, help me send this to Manager Wu's office."

"Xiao Xia, get me a cup of coffee."

From the moment the first employee asked Xia Yu for help, the others in the office gradually got used to ordering him around.

Although Xia Yu had been left to sink or swim his whole life, he was always served wherever he went and had never served anyone before as the Xia family was rich in the past.

However, thinking about how Jin Feng had poured him a cup of tea the first time he came to the office, Xia Yu decided to treat it as returning the favor.

He didn't expect the coffee to be so hot that it burned Jin Feng's tongue. Jin Feng threw the cup onto the table, causing a few drops of hot coffee to splash and scald Xia Yu.

"How can you be so useless? You can't even do such a small thing. Trash."

When Xia Yu first arrived, Jin Feng thought that he was someone with connections. Hence, he even respectfully made tea for this lad who was dozens of years younger than him. However, now that he realized that he was just a poor man, his attitude became arrogant.

Xia Yu looked at Jin Feng with an unreadable expression and wiped the coffee stains on the back of his hand dry. Then, he slowly picked up the cup and poured the coffee on Jin Feng when nobody was watching.

"You!" Jin Feng shuddered and flinched back from the heat of the coffee. His white shirt turned dark gray in an instant.

"F*ck you, did I give you face?! Can't you do it yourself? Don't you have hands? You useless piece of trash!"

Xia Yu's lips curled up mockingly without a trace of a smile in his eyes.

In the past, he always felt that there was nothing to pursue in life as long as there was food, drinks, and fun. Now that the Xia Family had gone bankrupt, he finally understood the fickleness of human nature.

Those that he thought would always follow him and call them Brother Xia were out of sight when things went south for him.

Someone who was old enough to be his father fought to make tea for him the first time they met because he thought that he had connections. However, after realizing that he was wrong, he finally showed his cloven hoof. Xia Yu scoffed.