Chapter 34: Empty Silence

After getting Xia Yu out of the car, the chauffeur slowly drove around the campus at Xia Wanyuan's request.

It was time for classes and there were not many people on campus. The campus was green and beautiful. The blue sky and white clouds reflected on the huge glass walls of the stadium, turning the entire stadium blue. On both sides of the road, there were all kinds of banners and signs hung up by clubs to recruit new members. It was amazing how fulfilling college life was.

The young students were either carrying backpacks, carrying books, or rushing to the classroom with hurried steps. All of them looked young and energetic.

In the small buildings hidden in the large trees, one could see young faces that were thirsty for knowledge through the open windows.

Xia Wanyuan watched enviously.

She was well-read in poetry, painting, and etiquette, but she had never been to school.

"University life looks so amazing. It's a pity I don't have the chance to experience it." Xia Wanyuan looked away regretfully.

"Yes, university students are really carefree," the chauffeur said. "But there are no age restrictions in college now. You can get in as long as you pass the exam."

Xia Wanyuan raised her eyebrows in surprise. She clearly admired the current education system.

After returning to the apartment and taking a good rest, she finally felt relaxed.

Once Xiao Bao finished school for the day, the chauffeur brought him back to the apartment.

"Mommy!" Xiao Bao ran to the second floor as soon as he got home, and Xia Wanyuan hugged him tightly.

"How was your day?"

"Mommy, the teacher taught us how to dance today. I'll dance for you."

"Sure."

The apartment was filled with joy and laughter. But there was no such cheer in the manor. It had returned to its usual solitude.

1

"Young Master, the food is ready." Uncle Wang walked towards Jun Shiling. "Little Master has been taken to Miss Xia."

Without Jun Yin's chatter in the manor, it seemed even more deserted.

Taking off his coat, Jun Shiling sat at the dining table, his eyes skimming over the empty seats with ease. In the huge dining room, only the sound of chopsticks occasionally touching the plates could be heard.

Jun Shiling paused for a moment when he picked up the prawns with his chopsticks. Stir-fried prawns were Jun Yin's favorite dish. He was reminded of how Jun Yin had served him the prawns the day before.

An indescribable feeling spread in his heart, and Jun Shiling suddenly lost his appetite. He put down his chopsticks and went upstairs.

After washing up, Jun Shiling lay on the bed. The scent of Xia Wanyuan, mixed with Xiao Bao's milky scent, still lingered on the pillow where she had slept, causing Jun Shiling to frown suddenly.

It was a sleepless night.

1

...

The waves of public opinion on the Internet had slowly subsided. It had to be said that the video published by the production team had given everyone a buffering period, and everyone was now waiting for the drama to be aired.

When the time came, Xia Wanyuan's performance would be the deciding factor in how things would develop.

If she acted well, everyone would be happy.