Strange Luck

The day ended for Izuku Midoriya like any other recently. He had walked into his friend's apartment after a day full of job hunting with no success. "I'm home." He walked into the room to see nobody but a small corgi he owned sleeping on the couch. "Hey Monchan. What are you doing?" The small dog smiled at his master for Izuku to relax next to him. Monchan moved to rest on Izuku's lap to allow Izuku to scratch his ear. "Daddy had a bad day today. He couldn't find a job again." For the past month, Izuku has been holding a lot of problems one after the other. The start of the month had him losing his job from being laid off. About a week after, his girlfriend cheated on him with his childhood bully and recently he had been evicted from his former apartment. Though there was some light in his situation as his best friend from college, Hanta Sero had offered him a place to stay on his couch in his studio apartment. Izuku at first attempted to turn down to option but when Sero reminded him that his parents are 1,000 kilometers south of Tokyo he relented and that is where he finds himself now, sitting on the end of the couch that Sero had given him reading the mail he had picked up from the post office.

"Junk mail. Junk mail. Offer for a credit card. Bill. Bill. Porno magaizi- Oh, Sero's got mixed with mine again." He says putting the hentai manga that his friend had ordered aside before going back to his mail. "Catalogue offer, junk mail, car loan denied, bank loan denied....what's this?" Izuku pulled out a letter from a lawyer.

Dear Midoriya Izuku,

We regret to inform you that your uncle Hikoshiki Midoriya has passed away due to an unforeseen health complication.

Izuku looked up for a moment realizing what happened. "Uncle Hiko died?...Wow. That's really something. Then again, he was in his eighties but looked like a hundred." Going back to the will, Izuku continued to read it.

Detailed in the will states that you have been left with his estate owned by him as well as his title as CEO of the company in his name. Official speaking of the will will take place....

"Wait, HE APPOINTED ME THE POSITION AS CEO!? I DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT BEING A HEAD OF A COMPANY!" Monchan woke up hearing this to spook the dog.

"Oi! Zuku! Don't yell so fuckin loud dude. I'm hungover." Sero's voice echoes from the hallway, Izuku looks down the apartment to see Sero laying halfway off his head mere inches away from a vomit pot.

"Sorry, I-I'll tell you more about it when you're not... disposed."

"Thanks man. Just take the decibels down like a hundred levels ok? And give me the bacon sushi that is in the fridge on the second shelf. Heat it up first before rolling it."

"Gotcha." Izuku went to the fridge and did as his hungover friend asked. Grabbing the left over bacon from that morning and the sushi rice and wasabi. He quickly makes Bacon nigiri for his hungover friend, knowing that despite seeming weird the fats in the bacon mixed with the carbs from the rice would help the hangover. As he did, he couldn't help but think of the will he had. 'Being the head of a company. That's crazy.'

A week later

After the reading of his uncle's will, Izuku with the help of Sero, had begun their journey to the estate left to him. "So your dead uncle actually left his estate and seat as a CEO of a company to you?"

"I guess.I'm...To be completely honest, I didn't even know uncle Hiko thought that highly of me to begin with. Then again, he did always seem to be happy to see me when I went to visit him as a child." The two made a turn to see they were completely out of the big city and on a countryside landscape.

"Well you always said you wanted to live a quiet life out of Tokyo."

"Yeah. I've had my fair share of the city to last a lifetime. It was not pleasant for me and was clearly not something I was cut out for."