Chapter 13: Interests and Whereabouts

The girls were waiting for Dahyun's answer. Would she join them or not?

Dahyun: I— uhhhh... I can't. Sorry.

Sana: That's sad. You would meet Taehyung-oppa if you'd join.

Dahyun: I'm fine. I have other matters right now. Sorry. Maybe next time?

Jeongyeon: Arasseo. Next time then.

Dahyun: I have to get going now. Thanks! *bowed and hurriedly left*

Once Dahyun set her feet outside the cafeteria, she dialed Jimin's phone number.

Dahyun: Yah, oppa!

Jimin: Oh, Dubu. What's up?

Dahyun: Where are you? Can we meet somewhere?

Jimin: Hmmmm, I'm on my way to Better Butter. But we can meet somewhere else, of course. Uhh... why so sudden?

Dahyun: I'll explain later.

They went on discussing where they should go then, and it was in a pub quite far from the University and Better Butter.

Meanwhile, after Dahyun left the group, Mina suggested for them to split up.

Mina: Jeongyeon-unnie, I heard that Taehyung gives you his schedules. Can you check his class if it got extended?

Jeongyeon: Arasseo.

Mina: Uhmm, Sana-unnie, can you check if he's in his locker? And Jihyo, I suggest you stay here in case he comes back.

Jihyo: Okay. Good plan.

Jeongyeon: Aigoo, I'm so hungry, I'm gonna pinch him when I see him.

Mina: 😅😅😅 I'll check their headquarters then.

Sana: Okay, let's update each other on our group chat.

Mina, Sana, and Jeongyeon left Jihyo in the cafeteria then to look for Taehyung. As they agreed upon, Jeongyeon and Sana updated them via their group chat, confirming that they didn't find Taehyung. Mina, on the other hand, entered The Cypher's headquarters and sighed after seeing him there— sleeping.

She slowly walked to where he was and gently shook him.

Mina: *silently* Oppa?

It took almost a minute before he became conscious and sat up. He yawned and sighed before speaking.

Taehyung: Mina... Minari.

A moment later, the other girls received a message from Mina informing them that Taehyung was sick and had to accompany him in going home, but she promised to come to the diner from Taehyung's home. They understood and left without them.

〰️

Dahyun had been whining to Jimin about her being involved in The Cypher and The Bulletproof for straight ten minutes now. She revealed to him that she never wanted that job, but Seokjin insisted because of a favor she owed to him.

Dahyun: It sucks. And it sucks even more that the favor no longer matters. I let it slip off my fingers.

She was referring to Eunwoo— her now ex-boyfriend. She mentioned that they met because of Jin's help by telling her his interests and whereabouts.

Jimin: So you're basically a stalker. You even joined the paper even if you didn't want to just to get closer to Jin. Wow. You should've just applied to the Student Council.

Dahyun: I can't, organizations have been bugging me to join them officially, and I refused them all. If I suddenly join the council, they'd hate me. At least, in the paper, I'll be able to hide my identity. Anyway, as I was saying, we met at a bookstore— his favorite bookstore. I bought what he was buying at that time and went behind him in the queue.