Chapter 8: Shining

It seemed like Taehyung was not kidding when he told Jeongyeon that he would protect her and Mina the whole week after his suspension. But between Jeongyeon and Mina, it looked like she was the only one who didn't know about this.

Mina waved her hand after they got a little glimpse of Taehyung while they were going into the cafeteria.

Does she actually know about this?

When she finally got to step into the hall, she gave her friend a boring look.

Jeongyeon: What the hell?

Taehyung: Surprise! *spreads his arms*

Jeongyeon: I thought this is your first day of suspension?

Taehyung: I know. Do I look like I would be studying?

Jeongyeon eyed Taehyung from head to toe. He was wearing a brown shirt, shorts, and slippers. How did he even manage to get inside the premises? She wondered.

 How did he even manage to get inside the premises? She wondered

This school is really something.

Looking at her friend now— and his slippers— she suddenly remembered Jimin and the day she had mistaken him for being deaf. Well, only because of the slippers, she was thinking. It had been days since she last saw him and it bothered her a lot. She knew she had to take action as she was certain that Park Jimin was not silent for nothing.

〰️

Speaking of Jimin, Dahyun was surprised when she found him inside The Cypher's headquarters. His head was rested on his arms that were on the table.

She initially didn't want to disturb him but because of how minimal she could only move, she decided to go against it. After all, she went here to write and think and be carefree.

Dahyun, without thinking, held Jimin's shoulder firmly and started to shake him— with much force.

That sent him jumping from his seat and blocking his invisible opponent as he spoke.

Jimin: No!! No!! Yoo Jeongyeon! Have mercy! Yoo Jeong—

He only stopped when it finally registered to him that he was inside an empty room, alone. But then he flinched again after seeing Dahyun inches away from him.

Jimin: Oh my god! Dahyun! Why do you have to be so white?

Dahyun: Are you okay? *more on judging than being concerned*

Jimin: I uh... why?

Dahyun: Huh! What was your dream about?

Jimin: *gulped* It wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare.

Dahyun: About Jeongyeon?