Chapter 25: Kim Taehyung

A few months ago, I woke up in a motel room with Mina beside me.

She was sound asleep, probably knocked out after a tiring night.

I mean, who wouldn't get tired after walking for about an hour, not to mention being dead drunk? Seriously though, my body had never ached like that before, especially because I ended up carrying her on my back.

Should I wake her up and maybe have breakfast together? But that would definitely make her panic so I decided to just leave. I left her a note though, and money she could use for a taxi.

"Nothing happened between us. Do not worry."

The first time I met Mina was the night before that...

My friends have never known this about me but whenever I go to a bar, I would secretly look for someone who I could get laid with. That night, this particular curly-haired girl who wore eyeglasses and a lame outfit—pink long sleeves matching her long brown skirt and rubber shoes—piqued my interest.

To my surprise, this girl was weeping for what looked like a long time now. I couldn't understand her due to the loud banging in the bar so I brought my ears closer to her mouth.

Mina: *in between her sobs* Am I not... worthy of love? Is it because... I am ugly and... not smart... and shy?

She stopped speaking.

When I checked back on her, she already passed out.

Taehyung: Shit.

I may be mean at times but I am not heartless to just leave her there. My conscience would never allow me to sleep if something would happen to her so I took her outside the bar to let her breathe. When I got to take her out, I made her sit on the sidewalk and tried to wake her up.

Thankfully, she woke up but was calling me a bastard of some sort. From what I heard, it looked like she was dumped by her "boyfriend" who she met a month ago. Before this night, he had been missing in action for a few days too.

Mina: I hope that you'd *hiccups* never have a good *hiccups* meal again!

Minutes later, she finally got to get up on her own. Unfortunately, she still felt dizzy so she couldn't walk straight and started throwing up.

Mina: I need to go shawmmwhere. Take me shawmweher I can lay. P-please 🤤🤤. I need a bathroom t-too.

Taehyung: Uhh, where do you live? I can bring you there.

Mina: No! Not there.

Taehyung: My house is far away, you won't be able to hold it in. Aigoo 😖😖 where are the cabs???

Thanks to me, I kinda know the place we were in so I knew that there was a nearby motel. If only we were sober, it wouldn't take us an hour to be there.

Really, I wanted to respect her boundaries and sleep on the floor, but it was so hard and cold so I just apologized to her before I went to sleep. She didn't answer me and silence always means yes, so yeah.

Now let me tell you all another fact. I am an avid manhwa/manga reader and a collector. It is another secret I haven't told any of my friends yet, because they might find it childish—nothing beats the Barbie films collection though.

While the majority of readers prefer the strong and cold tsundere, my type is someone innocent and sweet. I am drawn to women who I could take care of and who would also take care of me. Jeongyeon thought that my type are the pretty and popular women though.

So when I was about to leave the motel room, I took a last glance at the drunkard. She looked like an angel.

I walked back to the side table and rewrote my note.